- What is the Volunteer Board?
- What are the benefits?
- How do I use the Volunteer Board?
- What kind of opportunities are on The Volunteer Board?
- How do I post an opportunity to The Volunteer Board?
- Need Assistance?
The Volunteer Board is a database on MySuccess with various volunteer opportunities. These opportunities allow students to learn outside of the classroom and gain skills that will help their learning and future employment. Search through the Volunteer Board to find a position that meets your interests and focuses on the skills you would like to develop.
The Volunteer Board:
- Provides students with a variety of volunteer opportunities in the Greater Ottawa Area.
- Allows students to choose the opportunities that work with them.
- Develops important skills that will are applicable to academic learning and employment.
- Strengthens resumes and professional or graduate school applications.
First, login to Carleton Central. Then select MySuccess. Next, click “Volunteer Jobs” on the side menu. From here, you can search for the volunteer opportunities that are right for you. New opportunities are added all the time, so continue checking for new opportunities.
All the opportunities on The Volunteer Board meet the following criteria:
- Support a local community partner.
- Address the needs of the Greater Ottawa community and create a positive impact on the community,
- Provides complementary learning opportunities and the opportunity to develop skills.
- Are direct-service and/or project based.
- Are unpaid.
Staff, faculty members and members from local community organizations can post to The Volunteer Board by following these steps.
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at email@example.com or call the Student Experience Office at 613-520-7595.