Peer Helpers complete one Professional Development opportunity per semester.
Professional Development Opportunities
Peer Helpers complete one of the following opportunities each semester
- Professional Development Workshops: Professional Development Workshops are workshops designed exclusively for the Peer Helper Program. They cover topics that are relevant for Peer Helpers and are based off feedback provided by this year’s Peer Helpers.
- Learning Log: Share your experiences with others by submitting a 300-500 word post to the Carleton Learning Log.
- Campus to Community Days: Campus to Community Days are half-day community service work sessions at various local organizations.
- Soar Student Leadership Conference: Attend the Soar Student Leadership Conference in January.
- Campus Activity Board: Join a CAB committee or attend events on campus.
Validating the Opportunity
Peer Helpers must take the following steps to ensure that the opportunity is properly validated.
Before the activity, please print your participation form. At the activity or event, please ask the administrator to sign the form to verify that you have attended the opportunity. The completed form can then be brought to the Student Experience Office (430 Tory Building).