Useful Information for Course Instructors
Scheduling and Exam Services facilitates tests and exams for Paul Menton Centre students in the McIntyre Exam Centre (MEC). We provide your students with a quiet, confidential and stress-free environment to write their course tests/exams.
- Instructors must provide contact and course information details, the planned date, time and duration of in-class tests/exams (please do not calculate extra time for students requiring this accommodation, MEC will do this for you)
- MEC will be able to determine which students in any given course qualify for accommodation service in the Exam Centre, based on their registration status with PMC.
- Please ensure the form is completed in its entirety or it may not be sent to MEC staff
- Requests must be received at least two (2) weeks in advance of the test/exam date. Instructors may also choose to accommodate students themselves.
- Instructors are reminded to make note of the last day for summative tests or final examinations or formative tests or examinations totaling more than 15% of the final grade before the official examination period, as defined under Article 2.4 of the Academic Regulations.
- Reservation confirmations are sent to each student and instructor via email approximately 1 week prior to the test date.
- Instructors are encouraged to upload their test/examination sheet using the Secure Upload Form. The deadline for submissions via the online portal is 11:59pm, 4 calendar days prior to your test. For example; if your test is on Wednesday at 1:00pm, the deadline for submission would be Saturday at 11:59pm. This deadline is to ensure we have sufficient time to prepare all exams for a given day.
- If an Instructor is unable to meet the upload deadline, or the Upload Form does not meet the needs of their specific test, please contact us or visit the Exam Centre in University Center 133 during regular office hours.
- Attendance is noted for each student with a reservation in the McIntyre Exam Centre, and this information is reported back to the course Instructor at the conclusion of the test or exam
MEC Delivery Service
Fall/Winter term: Completed exams are delivered on the following business day. NOTE: Delivery will begin the fourth Monday of the term. Any papers not picked up by the first Monday of delivery will be sent out.
Summer term: Completed exams are delivered on Thursday only. NOTE: Delivery will begin the second Thursday of the term.
We’ve created a dedicated page for instructors with answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive.