Useful Information for Carleton Students
Welcome Carleton students to the McIntyre Exam Centre (MEC)! We have created this page just for you and have listed important information here about writing your exams with us at MEC. We look forward to hosting you for your exams and wish you nothing but the very best of luck and success on your studies at Carleton.
Writing an exam at MEC…
Students will be permitted to enter the room a few minutes before their scheduled start time, to facilitate sign in and seating assignment. In some cases, students will be asked to wait outside until a Proctor is prepared to process their arrival information.
McIntyre Exam Centre’s Rules for Use:
- The only beverage permitted in the McIntyre Exam Centre is water – in a sealable, transparent, non-breakable container;
- Food and beverages, other than water, are not permitted in the Exam Centre – except for students with a PMC documented accommodation requiring food or drink during a test; proctors are not permitted to make any exceptions to this rule.
- Electronic devices of any kind including cell phones, media players, or tablets are not permitted at the student’s exam workstation. Hooks are provided for coats and bags. Students are discouraged from bringing personal items of value with them.
- No additional material beyond that required to write, or listed as authorized by the instructor, will be permitted at a student’s workstation.
- Students may leave before their exam is submitted for washroom breaks only – in the facilities adjacent to the Exam Centre – and require sign-out permission from the on-duty Proctor. Smoking breaks are not permitted.
- Attendance is noted for each student with a reservation and is reported back to the course Instructor at the conclusion of the test or exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find an answer to a question you have? Don’t fret! Contact us and we’ll do our best to assist you!