Part Time Research Assistant Needed for National Research Study – Implementation of Sexual Assault Education
We are looking for a part-time research assistant to collect data for a national, multi-site study on the implementation of a new sexual assault resistance education intervention being rolled out on a limited number of Canadian university campuses. Funded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and coordinated out of the University of Windsor, this research will examine how to best help universities implement the program as one important part of sexual assault education on campus.
The successful candidate will be selected locally and will work side by side with the Carleton University implementation team, but will be paid, trained, and supervised by the Trial Project Manager (TPM) at the University of Windsor.
- Attend training and regular meetings by videoconference with and report to the TPM at the University of Windsor.
- Collect and send to TPM names and contact information of women registered for programs on campus according to a set schedule (typically twice weekly, but at times daily).
- Transfer audio recordings and other documents to the TPM, also according to a set schedule (e.g., after each program session, at the end of the semester).
- Gather/collect data about sexual assault on campus media.
- Keep careful records related to program delivery and implementation on campus.
- Maintain confidentiality while facilitating transfer of records/materials.
- Attend in person meetings with local team (Campus Trainer(s)/Facilitators).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in social science or related discipline with training in research methods.
- Comfort with sensitive topics, particularly violence against women.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a complex team context
- Previous research experience and proficiency with Excel preferred.
Duration of Contract:
September 4, 2018 – April 30, 2019
60 total (typically 1-2 hrs/wk, with more hours required at times)
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
How to Apply:
Please send resumé and contact information for two referees to: Alicia Poole