Dr. Roseann O’Reilly Runte, in consultation with a wide range of internal and external groups, had developed a strategic plan that informed the university’s decision-making over the past five years, identified its top priorities and set specific targets with timelines.
This plan, approved by the Board of Governors on Feb. 2, 2008, guided academic and administrative units as they developed their plans and agendas.
The final strategic plan was the product of numerous consultative meetings including:
- Eight roundtables with students, alumni, parents, educators, business leaders, the arts community, political representatives and members of civic organizations
- Meetings of the Senior Planning Committee during which faculty and administrative reports were presented
- Face-to-face meetings with deans, senior administrators and key stakeholders
- Meetings with faculties, departments, students and alumni
- An on-line consultation process inviting comments on the draft strategic plan.