Getting a degree is a real turning point in life, and I am so happy to see how well our SLALS students did at this month’s convocation! On behalf of all my colleagues here in the School of Linguistics and Language Studies, I want to congratulate all grads on completing your studies and graduating this month.
Your achievement makes us all proud and we wish you all the best in the future.
– Dr. David Wood (School Director)
Senate Medals went to:
- Gabrielle Chia – BA Honours Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies
- Scott Stanfel – BA Honours Applied Linguistics and Discourse Studies
- Emma Bornheimer – BA Honours Linguistics Concentration in Psycholinguistics and Communication Disorders
- Talia Tahtadjian – BA Honours Linguistics Concentration in Psycholinguistics and Communication Disorders
- Marieve Chouinard – BA Honours Linguistics and Discourse Studies
- Jia Ying Xu – Bachelor of Journalism double major Linguistics
We graduated three new doctors:
- Rebekah Ingram, PhD, supervisors Dr. Fraser Taylor, Dr. Erik Anonby, Dr. Kahente Horn-Miller
- Muftah Mohamed, PhD, supervisor Dr. Janna Fox, Dr. Michael Rodgers
- Kent Williams, PhD, supervisor Dr. David Wood
For more on the Spring 2020 graduation, please visit the Carleton convocation page