This information has been taken from Carleton’s Career Services page.
Skills Developed By Anthropology Majors
- Skills in social research – both qualitative and quantitative methods; interviewing; cultural sensitivity; working cooperatively with others; understanding group dynamics
- Skills in effective data collection; organizing and evaluating research results
- Ability to write reports, papers and grant proposals
- Writing articulately and analytically
- Aptitude for scientific problem solving; using statistics and computer science to analyze data
- Knowledge of the biological, ecological and cultural factors that influence human behaviour; ability to analyze the root causes of social problems