Most recent items are listed at the top of each category.
- Post-Doctoral Fellowships
- Tenure-Track/Full Time Positions
- Non-Tenure Track and Other Positions
- Calls for Papers/Conferences/Talks
- Lectures/Courses of Interest/Research
- Graduate Programs at Other Universities
- Off the Beaten Track – Summer School
Off the Beaten Track announces the 12th edition of our Anthropological Summer Field School in Malta, Europe. The project is primarily directed toward ethnography, socio-cultural anthropology, and sociology students at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Two Tenure-Track Sociology Faculty Positions are being advertised at Queen’s University. Both posters can be viewed here.
- Call for Abstracts: The McGill Centre for Research on Religion (CREOR) invites graduate students and emerging scholars to participate in a special edition graduate conference rethinking the problem of religious diversity in a secular age. The Conference will take place from September 14-16, 2017 at McGill University in Montreal. The submission Deadline for Papers is July 15th, 2017. For more information, please visit their webpage here.
- The Canadian Anthropology Association annual meeting 2018, co-sponsored by the Society for Applied Anthropology (SfAA), will take place at the Universidad de Oriente located in the beautiful and historic city of Santiago de Cuba from the 16th to the 20th of May. Find more information regarding the meeting and the call for papers here.
- Call for Papers: Oxford Population, Migration & Environment Symposium – 3 & 4 August 2017 and 7 & 8 December 2017. The Oxford Symposium on Population, Migration, and the Environment is a special interest meeting of London Symposia, an organization devoted to scholarly research, writing, and discourse. This interdisciplinary conference is an opportunity for scientists and policy makers to present papers and engage in discussion relevant to sustainability, human welfare, and progress. The deadline for abstract submissions for the Summer Session is 10 July 2017. Find further information on abstract submission here.
- Call for Papers: the Canadian Graduate Journal of Sociology and Criminology (CGJSC) (due September 31st, 2017).
CGJSC welcomes submissions from graduate students involved in research outside of, but related to, the disciplines of sociology and criminology. All fields within the social sciences (ex: Political Science, History, Psychology, Religious Studies, Women’s Studies, Labor Studies, Health Sciences, Economics, Anthropology) are encouraged to submit provided that they demonstrate a direct link to a sociological and/or criminological area of study. The journal committee encourages all interested parties to view their mission statement and submissions guidelines on their website: http://cgjsc-rcessc.uwaterloo.