Ravens, did you know the Centre for Student Academic Support (CSAS) offers academic support to ALL Carleton students? Check out what we offer below:
- Online Learning and Writing Support Workshops – all 19 of our workshops are offered asynchronously via Brightspace. You can self-enrol anytime via our online resources page.
- These workshops will also count toward our Learning and Writing Development Series, which students can add to their Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
- Webinars – these interactive webinars are offered synchronously via Microsoft Teams and focus on a range of learning and writing strategies and topics. CSAS webinars are not eligible for the Incentive Program.
- One-on-One Learning and Writing Support Sessions – during these sessions, students can meet with someone one-on-one to work on a range of writing or learning strategies such as building academic writing skills, time management, managing procrastination, and more!
Academic Writing for English Language Learners (ELLs) – this program offers weekly virtual group sessions that provide curated instruction and practical exercises focused on:
- Integrating select grammar structures in academic writing (ex. noun clauses)
- Identifying various sentence structures commonly used in academic writing (syntax)
- Exploring different types of vocabulary in academic contexts (GSL; AWL)
Visit our website to view the schedule and registration instructions.
For more information about the services offered by CSAS as well as how you can participate, please visit each program webpage. Have questions? Send us an email.