The EDC’s Outstanding TA Award is a university-wide award, open to all TAs in all faculties, designed to recognize teaching excellence among Carleton’s TAs. Please note that some academic units also offer departmental TA Awards.
The nomination form for 2019-2020 is now OPEN! All nominations are due 3pm, March 9, 2020.
About the Award
- Up to five awards are given out annually
- Each award is valued at $250 and includes a certificate and formal recognition on the plaque outside of the EDC training room (422 Dunton Tower)
Who is eligible?
- Only those TAs who have been assigned to a course for this academic year (Fall 2019 – Winter 2020) are eligible for the Outstanding TA Award
Who should submit the nomination form/package?
- Faculty, contract instructors, peers, staff, and students are welcome to nominate their TA. If more than one individual is contributing to the nomination, please collaborate on a single nomination package.
- While nominations from students and faculty who have studied under or worked with the nominated TA in years previous to Fall/Winter 2019-2020 are welcome, please note that nominations from students and faculty currently studying under or working with the nominee are necessary for the nominee’s candidacy for the award.
- TAs are also welcome to self-nominate; however, self-nominations without support from other stakeholders (i.e., faculty members and students) will not be considered
- Preference will be given to TAs who are nominated by multiple stakeholders (i.e., faculty members and students)
- If you include any teaching materials, you must provide context. Why are you including this material? What was its impact in your teaching? How is it “outstanding”?
Where and when to submit?
- The nomination form for 2019-2020 is now OPEN! All nominations are due 3pm, March 9, 2020.
- The selection committee for the EDC’s Outstanding TA Award is comprised of EDC staff, former or current TA Mentors, and/or former winners of the award
- The nomination should demonstrate how the nominated TA has improved or supporting teaching and learning
- The committee meets and deliberate during March, with award recipients being notified in April 2020.