Established under the auspices of the Office of the Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning) (OAVPTL), the Carleton University Teaching Awards Committee (CUTAC) seeks to develop a systematic approach to nurturing, recognizing and rewarding individuals who consistently demonstrate teaching excellence and/or promote a culture of excellence in teaching and learning at Carleton University.
David J Hornsby, Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
- Richard Mann, Associate Dean (Curriculum, Programs and Planning), Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- Zachary Colbert, Azrieli School of Architecture & Urbanism, Faculty of Engineering and Design
- Ali Arya, Associate Dean (Planning), Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs
- Lindsay McShane, Sprott School of Business
- Mira Sucharov, Department of Political Science, Faculty of Public Affairs
- Jane Fry, MacOdrum Library
- Norah Vollmer, Manager, Faculty Affairs, Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic)
- Boris Vukovic, READ Initiative, representing the Teaching and Learning Council
- Adrian Chan, Department of Systems and Computer Engineering & Director, Research and Education in Accessibility, Design and Innovation (READi), previous external teaching award winner
- Peggy Hartwick, School of Linguistics and Language Studies, previous external teaching award winner
- Sarah Todd, School of Social Work, previous external teaching award winner
- Dragana Polovina-Vukovic, Office of the Associate-Vice-President (Teaching and Learning)
- Jaymie Koroluk, Assistant Director, Educational Development Centre
- Katherine Gardner, Office of the Associate-Vice-President (Teaching and Learning), administrative support
CUTAC members serve a two-year renewable term. The committee meets on a quarterly basis (in September, December, March and June).
Responsibilities of CUTAC are to:
- Advise the Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning) on an institutional strategy for enhancing Carleton’s success in external teaching award competitions.
- Review and update the master list of all teaching award winners at Carleton and recommend potential nominees for eligible external teaching awards.
- Assist in communicating upcoming deadlines and soliciting eligible nominees for external awards.
- Assist in reviewing nomination dossiers for submission in accordance with competition rules, and provide guidance on strengthening specific nominations.
- Review and adjudicate dossiers when there are multiple candidates for a limited allowable number of submissions from Carleton.
- Invite selected members of the Carleton community to serve as ad-hoc members or sub-committee members to contribute to the nomination review process when specific disciplinary or domain expertise deems this necessary.
- Contribute to annual reports to the Provost and participate in celebrations for award winners.
For more information regarding the committee please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To inquire about a specific award, please contact Dragana Polovina-Vukovic at the Office of the Associate Vice-President (Teaching and Learning). For awards governed by the collective agreements (CUASA and CUPE 4600), please contact Norah Vollmer at the Office of the Provost and Vice-President (Academic).