HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday – Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Morning Sessions @ 9:00 AM*
- Afternoon Sessions @ 1:00 PM*
- One evening Session per week (Thursday’s unless otherwise noted) @ 4:30 PM*
- One Saturday Session per month @ 9:00 AM* (last Saturday of the month)
Evening and Saturday sessions are considered for larger groups. Please contact the CUTC if you would like to request an evening or Saturday session.
* Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the exam start time. Delays in processing due to late arrival are the responsibility of the student and no additional time will be given.
- All exams must be booked at least two weeks in advance. All requests are subject to availability.
- Large daytime sessions can be facilitated but one month advance notice is required (additional proctoring fees may be required).
- Evening and Saturday exam requests will be considered for groups of 5 or more (additional proctoring fees will be required), with one month advance notice.
- $40 per student for Carleton University students
- $50 per student from all other Canadian Institutions
- $100 per student for International exams, including USA. Please note: Service charges for invigilating international exams are subject to change to reflect increased shipping costs, etc.
- $75 for Institution-specific requirements (e.g. private area for a specific exam) or private room request (limited availability)
Exam fees are collected at the time of booking online using a secure site (VISA or MasterCard). If you cannot pay online, payment will be collected at the time of arrival to write the exam (NOT after the exam). The CUTC is PCI compliant and will accept in-person payments of cash, cheque, Interac, Visa or MasterCard. If the external institute covers the cost of the exam service, this must be noted at booking and they will be invoiced for this service upon the completion of the exam.
Due to the volume of students writing, please note that exams that are cancelled or re-booked with less than one week notice and “no shows” for scheduled exams will be subject to a fee of $25. This fee also applies for the return shipment of the exam if necessary. Please contact the Carleton University Testing Centre if you require further information. All fees are subject to change.
The CU Testing Centre is located in D299 Loeb Building (tunnel level). We make every effort to place candidates in one location. However, space considerations may require placing some candidates and groups at alternate sites; the two other locations are within close vicinity on campus.
The CUTC facilitates written and online exams in the same room. A private room is only available at additional cost on a first-come-first-served basis. Students with disability accommodations are also given priority to the private room.