What separates us from other test centres?
- Ontario’s first accredited member of the National College Testing Association (NTCA) – the most widely acknowledged professional testing organization in the world – and the second non-US based institution to earn this designation.
- An active participant of the Consortium of College Testing Centres (CCTC) and a founding member of the Canadian Higher Education Testing Association (CHETA).
- A secure and comfortable testing environment that includes large partitioned desks and comfortable chairs, ear plugs or noise-cancelling headphones, clocks on each desk, and lockers for each test taker, as well as private rooms to suit the needs of some exam takers.
- Test rooms with clear glass windows and doors, a one-way glass proctor room, and 360-degree view cameras in each room.
- Software to support online exam security, including lockdown browsers and third party exam software as required.
- Experienced full-time staff and proctors that strictly adhere to proctoring guidelines and maintain test security and confidentiality.
- The Carleton University Testing Centre adheres to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) protocol. We effectively respond to the needs and requirements of our test takers.
The CU Testing centre supports the educational mission of the University by providing reliable testing administration and high-quality customer service to students. In preserving the integrity of the exam process, the Centre provides secure, pleasant, and quiet testing environments staffed by professionals. The rooms are equipped with technology that meets online requirements for testing purposes.
In addition to Carleton University students, this service also accommodates exam sessions for distance students from other universities and non-academic institutions. The Centre facilitates a large number of tests and examinations for those seeking additional professional qualifications or admission to certain professional schools. As a member of the National College Testing Association (NCTA), the CU Testing Centre adheres to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines for post-secondary test centres.
Located in Ottawa, Canada, CUTC is highly involved with invigilating students from 81 institutions and academic associations. Of these, 11 certification and accreditation programs rely on the centre’s assistance to administer reliable proctoring service for their students and professionals.