Our highest priority is the health and welfare of the Carleton community and our store staff. As we continue to monitor the global concerns about COVID-19, our team is responding to changing needs as they arise and adjusting store operations as required.
- The Bookstore is taking steps to keep the environment safe and healthy by following the city, province and government public health protocols as guided by Ottawa Public Health, the Ontario Ministry of Health or the Public Health Agency of Canada, and the World Health Organization (WHO). This includes increased cleaning of the store, frequent washing of hands and non-essential staff not coming to work. The Store Managers are being provided Coronavirus awareness information, prevention and resource tips, and ongoing updates as conditions change.
As we continue to monitor the ever changing COVID-19 situation, updates will be provided. Please refer to COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below for additional information:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is the Bookstore open?
- Yes! The Bookstore is now physically open, and of course our web site is still open for business! Please check the store website for hours of operation.
- I’m a professor teaching a course, how can I offer a textbook to my students?
- We’re still accepting textbook adoptions (you can submit your adoption here) and continue to offer textbooks (both physical and digital) for sale online and in person.
Textbook Rental Check-ins/Returns
- How do I return my existing rental textbook?
- Please check the store’s website for the most up to date information on this process.
- Can I BUY or EXTEND my rentals on the website?
- If you rented your textbook online, you have an option to buy or extend the rental on the website, on the Rentals page.
- If you rented your textbook in store, you will need to visit the store to extend or buy your book.
Textbooks and Course Supplies Purchases
- I need to purchase upcoming term textbooks and supplies; do I need to come to the store?
Selling Back Textbooks (Book Buyback)
- Can I sell my textbooks back to the bookstore?
- Now that we are back to normal operations, we will be happy to buy back your books. Please remember to bring your current student card and a debit card in order to do buyback.