The following maps have been added to the Transportation Plan website to indicate where construction work will take place as well as to highlight travel alternatives for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Pedestrian, Bicycle and Vehicular Access Points to Carleton University
This map provides available entrance and exit routes to Carleton University when construction of Stadium Way begins the week of June 17, 2019.
Also highlighted, is a detour route when the swing bridge closes in August 2019 for restoration. During this upgrade, Hog’s Back Road between Prince of Wales and Colonel Drive will be closed to vehicular traffic.
When the swing bridge closes, the City of Ottawa suggests the following route (identified as “D” on this map): Prince of Wales to Heron Road to Riverside Drive to Hog’s Back Road to Colonel By Drive.
[cu_shortcodes_buttons title="Download Larger PDF Version" url="https://carleton.ca/transportationplan/wp-content/uploads/TP-Map-1-Full.pdf" target="true" style="red--solid" class="u-center-text" /]
- Pedestrian and Cycling Entrances to Campus
While the swing bridge on Hog’s Back Road are undergoing restoration, this map highlights available foot and bicycle access points to campus at: Hartwell Locks Crossing; the Colonel By entrance; Hog’s Back Locks Crossing; Brewer Park Entrance and Bronson Avenue Entrance.
[cu_shortcodes_buttons title="Download Larger PDF Version" url="https://carleton.ca/transportationplan/wp-content/uploads/TP-Map-2-Full.pdf" target="true" style="red--solid" class="u-center-text" /]
- Location of Stadium Way and Access to Parking Lot 5
Stadium Way will connect University Avenue to Bronson Avenue. During this construction period – between June and October, 2019 – parking lot 5 (P5) will remain accessible to all permit holders and visitors who need to access this area as well as Athletics.
[cu_shortcodes_buttons title="Download Larger PDF Version" url="https://carleton.ca/transportationplan/wp-content/uploads/TP-Map-3-Full.pdf" target="true" style="red--solid" class="u-center-text" /]
- Proposed Extension for Raven Road
The LRT station at Carleton University will close in May 2020 for an extended period as part of the O-Train shutdown from May 2020 to September 2022. To alleviate congestion and to assist the increased bus traffic, Carleton University has proposed an extension of Raven Road to Bronson Avenue (south). If approved, the extension would serve OC Transpo buses only as a left-in and a right-out access point to and from the university.
[cu_shortcodes_buttons title="Download Larger PDF Version" url="https://carleton.ca/transportationplan/wp-content/uploads/TP-Map-4-Full.pdf" target="true" style="red--solid" class="u-center-text" /]
- Campus Avenue One Way Road Conversion
As per the map below, the new traffic directions will be:
- Campus Avenue traffic will flow southbound, with drop-offs and deliveries taking place in the right-hand lane. Through traffic will be reserved for the left-hand lane.
- Campus Avenue at Richcraft Hall will convert to two-way traffic. If travelling southbound on Campus Avenue, motorists may turn right onto University Drive at Richcraft Hall to exit campus via Colonel By or continue onward to University Drive to exit the university via Bronson Avenue.
- University Drive continues to function as a two-way street.
- Library Road reopened to vehicular traffic – as a two way street – from the Colonel By entrance to Campus Avenue.
Regarding Parking Lots P6 and P18:
- Permit holders may continue to access these lots from Bronson Avenue.
- To access these lots from Colonel By Drive, commuters will travel eastbound on University Drive up to Richcraft Hall, turn right on University Drive and continue northbound on University Drive. Permit holders will then head westbound by turning left onto Campus Avenue at the O-Train Bridge.
- Permit holders seeking to exit the campus at Colonel By Drive or Bronson Avenue will be required to proceed southbound on Campus Avenue to reach their preferred exit point.