Richard Clayman, FLMI, FICB, MBA
Engaging with organizations in the areas of:
- Developing leadership skills in high-potential managers
- Leveraging market trends to build better business relationships
- Improving management team performance
- Repairing organizational dysfunction
- Instituting values-based ethics & Board governance
- University of Ottawa, Telfer School of Management
- Carleton University, Sprott School of Business
- Donghua University, 东华大学, School of Business & Management, Shanghai, China
Highly acclaimed graduate (MBA) professor for business ethics, power & influence, leadership, and high-performing team development. The only professor invited to teach leadership development concurrently at both Ottawa MBA Programs. Lecturer in Business Leadership & Ethics in the MBA program at Donghua University in Shanghai, China. Professor of the Year (Sprott MBA Society; 2012); Chapter Honouree, Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Honour Society, University of Ottawa (2014);Teaching Excellence Award, Carleton University (2015). Professor of the Year, University of Ottawa (2016).
Executive-in-Residence, Telfer School of Management, University of Ottawa
Executive-in-Residence, specializing in facilitation in governance, team and leader development. Past engagements served those in healthcare, education, government, military and the private sector. Series creator & host of Rogers-TV “Unlocking the Leadership Door”.
Chair, Board of Directors, Ottawa Chamber of Commerce
Led the 1000+ member company Chamber through a multi-year restructuring and growth of its operations, governance and strategic outlook.
Regional Vice-President – Manulife Financial
Following service in the Canadian military, had a 30-year company / industry award-winning general management career. Led a multi-billion dollar distribution structure of financial / insurance products and support services – through a network of over 2,000 financial intermediaries – to high-net-worth retail and corporate customers across 6 of 10 Canadian provinces. Led multi-disciplinary advisory & support teams of trainers / internal consultants in: stakeholder relations, technology, learning, business succession, compliance / regulatory affairs, new business development and sales / distribution.
- Chair, Advisory Council, Herzing College, Ottawa
- Member, Faculty Board, Sprott School of Business, Carleton University
- Chair, Board of Directors, Ottawa Chamber of Commerce
- Chair, Board of Directors, Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation
- Corp. Representative, Market Conduct / Ethics Tribunal, Financial Services Commission of Ont.
- Chair, Manulife Financial Field Executive Advisory Council
Educational / Professional Designations
- MBA: Masters of Business Administration; Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- BA: Bachelors of Arts, Clinical Psychology; Concordia University, Montreal, QC
- FICB: Fellow, Institute of Canadian Bankers, Toronto, ON
- FLMI: Fellow, Life Insurance Management Institute; Atlanta, GA