On March 23, Ottawa City Council approved a motion to provide a free month of OC-Transpo service for eligible Winter 2022 U-Pass holders. The distribution of May 2022 QR Passes begins on Monday, April 25th, and the following key information has been provided by OC-Transpo.
Students can contact OC Transpo for more information by calling 613-560-5000 or emailing OCUPass@ottawa.ca. While Carleton will provide a location on campus for this distribution, the May 2022 QR Pass program is being facilitated by OC Transpo.
The Campus Card Office does not have any May 2022 QR Passes available at their location. Students MUST pick up their May 2022 QR Pass from OC Transpo as follows.
- OC Transpo is distributing QR-coded transit passes, valid for the month of May 2022, to eligible students who hold a renewed and eligible U-Pass for the January-April 2022 term.
- May 2022 QR Passes will be distributed by OC-Transpo between April 25th and April 29th, with a mobile distribution centre rotating between institutions. The distribution schedule is available on the OC-Transpo No Charge May website.
- The Distribution Centre Bus will be at Carleton University on April 25th and April 28th from 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- The Distribution Centre Bus will be located in parking lot 2 near the the University Centre.
- Eligible students can collect their May 2022 QR Pass from any of the distribution locations – students are not required to attend their home institution for this service.
- Please note, you are required to bring your U-Pass and tap it at Presto Card reader so that OC Transpo can confirm your eligiblity.
To be eligible to collect a May 2022 QR Pass a student must:
- Be eligible or opted-in to the U-Pass program for the Winter 2022 term (January – April 2022), and
- Be in possession of a U-Pass valid for the Winter 2022 term.
Please note that the U-Pass renewal kiosks are no longer available for Winter term renewals. If you are eligible or opted in to the Winter 2022 term, and you did not renew your U-Pass, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- The pass will be accepted on OC Transpo buses, at O-Train fare gates, and on Para Transpo vehicles from May 1 through May 31, 2022. The pass is not valid on the STO network.
- To use the pass at a fare gate, students can scan the barcode on a fare gate barcode reader.
- To use the pass on an OC Transpo bus, students must show both their May 2022 QR Pass and their U-Pass smartcard photo to the operator.
- The most current information about the May 2022 QR Pass can be found at the OC Transpo website.