U-Pass Terms and Conditions
Prior to the beginning of the Fall and Summer Term, every full-time Carleton student has access to the new Universal Transit Pass or the U-Pass. Please familiarize yourself with the Terms and Conditions of the U-Pass.
- The cost of the U-Pass is $404.92 plus a $4.26 admin fee for a total fee of $409.18 for the the 2017-18 academic year and $202.46 plus a $4.26 admin fee for the Summer term.
- The pass provides ridership privileges throughout the designated validity period shown, and is subject to availability of equipment and service.
- The pass must be presented to uniformed OC Transpo employees, OC Transpo Enforcement Officers and police officers in an open and unrestricted manner upon demand.
- To be valid the pass must show no signs of tampering.
- The pass is valid as payment of the full fare on OC Transpo vehicles providing regular, express, rural express, or Para Transpo transit services. Para Transpo service to rural zones requires an additional fare.
- Passes are non-transferable and personal.
- Invalid or misused passes will be confiscated and/or a Provincial Offence Notice will be issued. Fines range from $100 to $700.
Students who fail to comply may be subject to fines by OC Transpo and to sanctions under the Student Rights and Responsibility policy.