*** Recruiting (Ongoing until filled) ***
Please read the following carefully.
I am currently looking to recruit one (1) undergraduate COOP student or one (1) graduate student (MASc) to undertake research on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) considerations in engineering. Specifically, this will entail how members from equity-denied communities and peoples fare within the context of the Canadian post-secondary education framework in engineering.
The project will entail conducting literature review, conducting scientific surveys, and experimentation.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have strong writing and communication skills.
- Those from an equity-denied / equity-deserving group are strongly recommended to self-identify. This includes women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people who are part of LGBTQI2S+ communities, religious minority groups, and racialized people
When emailing, prospective students should compose a cover letter as text in their email. The email should include the following:
- Email subject stating: “Application for EDI Opening – YourLastName“
- your CGPA;
- your research interests, and general interests;
- list of peer-reviewed publications (if any);
- your background, and relevant lived experiences, that you are willing to share with me;
- relevant research skills and experience, and;
- an up-to-date CV in .PDF format.
I will reply if there is a fit!