*** Recruiting (Ongoing until filled) ***
Please read the following carefully.
I am currently looking to recruit one (1) graduate student (MASc) to undertake research on equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) considerations in engineering. Specifically, this will entail how members from equity-denied communities and peoples fare within the context of the Canadian post-secondary education framework in engineering.
The project will entail conducting literature review, conducting scientific surveys, and experimentation.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have strong writing and communication skills.
- Those from an equity-denied / equity-deserving group are strongly recommended to self-identify. This includes women, Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, people who are part of LGBTQI2S+ communities, religious minority groups, and racialized people
When emailing, prospective students should compose a cover letter as text in their email. The email should include the following:
- Email subject stating: “Application for EDI Opening – LastName“
- your CGPA;
- your research interests, and general interests;
- list of peer-reviewed publications (if any);
- funding situation and requirements;
- your background, and relevant lived experiences, that you are willing to share with me;
- relevant research skills and experience, and;
- an up-to-date CV in .PDF format.
I will reply if there is a fit!
Please Note: Due to the volume of emails I receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.