Skip to Main Content
- Adding a quote
- Video Tutorial
- Try It Out!
Quotes are a way of formatting pieces of your text to make them stand out.
This is an example of what a quote looks like!
Adding a quote
- Open the page or post that contains you would like to add a quote to.
- On a new line, click the Blockquote icon. It looks like a pair of opening quotation marks.
- Type or paste the content you would like to appear as a quote. This will appear indented in the content editor.
- To end your quote, hit enter to begin a new line and click the Blockquote icon again.
- Publish or update your page.
- Module Three: Quotes
Hello and welcome to Module 3 of our Advanced CMS Training. This video will cover quotes.
To format your text as a quote, click the Blockquote button. Your text will indent, indicating that the text is now being formatted as a quote.
Next, type your quote. Once you’ve finished your quote, click enter to begin a new line, and click the Blockquote button to exit out of the quote formatting mode.
You can also take text that you have already typed and change it to a quote format. To do this, just highlight your text and click the Blockquote button.
Try It Out!
Test out your quote skills by adding a quote to your test page.
- Pick a sentence from this tutorial.
- Add this sentence as a quote on your test page.
Posted in Advanced Training, AM-3: Advanced Post Elements
Share: Twitter, Facebook