- Build email in newsletter template
- Prepare email list
- Send email in Lyris
- Login: https://yoursite.carleton.ca/wp/wp-admin
- Hover over the Newsletter link in lefthand navigation and click
- Give your email a title
Customand upload your banner (must be 768 x 336 pixels)
- Add a Header (optional)
- Add content to Text Area. You can type your newsletter directly into WordPress, or paste it in from another application such as Word.
- If you paste the content in: replace apostrophes, quotation marks, dollar signs and em dashes in wordpress (delete and re-add)
- Open up the list in Excel
- Delete all columns except email address
- Make sure the column heading is: EMAILAddr_
- Save list as a CSV file (Click
Exportand save as csv file type)
Important: If you are prepping a list of more than 100,000 recipients you must contact the ITS Service desk first. Alternatively you can create a list of 50,000 – 100,000 recipients and then send your mailing to them, before removing that list and adding another list of the remaining 50-100k recipients.
- Login: https://lists.carleton.ca/ with your email and password
- Make sure you are in the right list
- In another tab, visit the webpage for the email that you built in your website
- View the page source (right click)
- Copy all of the code into your clipboard
- In Lyris, click the home button and then click
New Mailing(black button at top right)
Disable the HTML editor
- Paste all of the source code into the HTML message area
- Add name and subject for email
Save and test(bottom right)
- Enter email address and send
- Review email for errors and odd punctuation. Make sure links work correctly.
Go to Mailings > Approval > Need Approval and click in the ID of your email.
- Once finalized and ready to send, go to: Mailings > Approval > Need Approval
- Click Send