- Creating a New Glossary Term
- Save, Schedule, and Publish a Definition
- Edit a Glossary Term
- Delete a Definition
- Pull Glossary Terms onto a Page
Glossary displays the definitions to key terms. In the Glossary creation area, you will find options to allow you control of how to best show the key terms and definitions.
To create a new Glossary page from the dashboard navigation:
- From the Main Navigation Panel, hover over Glossary.
- From the expanded menu, click Add Definition.
To create a new page using the front-facing admin bar:
- While browsing the front end of the website, move your mouse over the + New option in the admin bar.
- From the expanded menu, click Glossary.
Saving your definition as a draft gives you the option of opening it up at a later date and continuing to create content without the definition being visible on the site. Publishing your definition makes it immediately visible on the live site.
To save your definition in draft form:
- Create a new definition.
- From the Publish Module, click Save Draft.
- Click Preview to view your saved draft.
- Even though you can view this draft, it is not visible on the live site until you publish it.
To return to a saved draft:
- Click Glossary in the Main Navigation Panel.
- At the top of the list of pages, you will see filers such as Mine, Published, Drafts, and Trash.
- Click on Drafts.
- Find your definition you want to edit.
To publish a Definition:
- From the Publish Module, click Publish.
To set publishing dates or schedules:
- Create a new page.
- Click the Edit link located next to “Publish immediately”.
- From the drop down menu select the month, insert the date, year and the time you would like the page to go live.
- Click OK. (The Publish button will change to a Schedule button).
- Click Schedule to set the new content to go-live on the specified date.
Editing a Glossary Term on your site can be done in several ways. The options are as follows:
- While browsing your site, navigate to the Glossary Term you wish to edit (you must be logged in to your Carleton CMS website).
- Using the Admin Bar at the top of your page, click the Edit Page button.
To edit from the dashboard:
- Click Glossary from dashboard navigation.
A list of existing Glossary posts will load.
- If you know the name of the Glossary term you wish to edit, use the Search option in the upper right area.
- If you don’t know the name, scroll down through the list of pages to locate it.
- Click on the title of the Glossary term you wish to edit. The page will then be loaded in the content editor.
There are two ways to delete a Definition from a glossary; from the Edit Pages screen and from the Publish Module.
To delete a page from the Edit Pages screen:
- Click Glossary from the Main Navigation Panel. A list of existing definitions and golssary pages will load.
- Scroll down through the list of pages and locate the one to delete.
- Hover your cursor over the page name and click Trash which will appear underneath the page name.
To delete a page from the Publish Module:
- Open the page you would like to delete.
- From the Publish Module click on the red Move to Trash link.
- Click OK to confirm.
To delete several definitions at once:
- Click FAQ from the Main Navigation Panel and a list of definition pages will load.
- Check the boxes next to the names of the pages you would like to delete.
- From the Bulk Actions drop down menu at the top of the list, select Delete.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK to confirm.
Recover a Deleted Defintiion
- Click Glossary from the Main Navigation Panel and your list of existing definitions will load.
- Above the list of pages, click Trash – this is where your deleted pages appear.
- Find the definition you wish to recover and hover over the title.
- Click Restore and the definition page will reappear on the list of current pages for your site.
- Add/Edit the page on which you would like to list terms.
- Click Add Post Element located above the Content Editor.
- Click the List Glossary icon.
- Select which categories you would like to have placed on this particular page (optional).
- Click Insert Element.
- Publish or Update the page.
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.