This newsletter is available on any CMS website, but it has to be enabled by the Web Services team. If you would like it enabled, please contact the ITS Service Desk.
Once it’s enabled you will then see a Newsletter item and a Newsletter Options item on the left hand navigation within your dashboard.
- Hover over the Newsletter link in the left hand navigation within your dashboard and click Add Newsletter.
- Give your newsletter a name.
- Select the distribution date.
- If you would like a hosted banner for the newsletter edition, select “hosted” and add an image from the Hosted Banners website. If you would like a custom banner, select “Custom” and upload an image. If you skip this step, the banner image you selected within newsletter options will appear.
- Enter your content by selecting Add Block. There are 3 types of blocks:
- Text Block – add a heading, your content, choose to add a link and an image
- Add Events – pull in all events from your website or select a category of events to pull in
- Add News – pull in all news from your website or select a category of news to pull in
- Save and Publish the newsletter.
- View your newsletter by clicking the URL or “Preview Changes”
- Right click on your desktop and click “View Source Code”
- Copy and paste the code into your email distribution tool (e.g., Mailchimp, Lyris)
- Click Newsletter Options in the left hand navigation.
- Enter a name for your newsletter.
- Select an image from the Hosted Banners website.
If you don’t do this step a default banner will appear.
- Enter information your newsletter disclaimer.
- Click Update.
Here’s our video walking you through these steps. At the end of the video we didn’t publish our newsletter – make sure you do this!
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.