TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides assistance to help overcome anxiety, depression, relationship or communication challenges, and substance use concerns. TAO is based on well-researched and highly effective strategies for helping to improve mental health. Try it out, at no cost to you as a Carleton student.
TAO Online Treatment
How does it work?
- In TAO, you will watch videos, complete exercises, and will meet weekly with a counsellor via videoconferencing for a 10-15 minute appointment.
- Weekly exercises take approximately 30 to 40 minutes to complete.
- Daily homework can be completed on a smart phone, tablet, or computer.
- TAO users have access to a Mindfulness Library and relaxation videos.
- Use a wellness survey to track your moods and progress.
How do I sign up?
Participants must be a Carleton student and must use a Carleton e-mail account to sign-in.
Enrolling in TAO treatment requires a short screening is required to get started:
- Contact Health and Counselling Services (HCS) to schedule an appointment with the TAO Counsellor. If you are already seeing a counsellor, tell them you are interested in TAO!