Welcome to Carleton Women’s and Gender Studies!
Women’s and Gender Studies at Carleton University provides you with a unique and exciting opportunity to examine the diverse ways in which gender, sexuality, and dis/ability shape our lives and the world around us. The Institute also houses the Sexuality Studies Minor, Disability Studies Minor and new in Fall 2021 – the Critical Race Studies Minor. The Pauline Jewett Institute of Women’s and Gender Studies offers a stimulating, supportive and culturally inclusive environment in which to explore questions such as:
- How do popular culture and the media shape our ideas about gender
- How does our gender affect our experience of race, class, sexual orientation, disability and age?
- Do women still face a “glass ceiling” in the workplace?
- What influences how masculinity and femininity are constructed in societies?
- How do we achieve global gender equality?