Past Event! Note: this event has already taken place.
Seminar on Indian Elections 2019
April 17, 2019 at 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM
|Location:||DT2017 Dunton Tower|
|Key Contact:||Harry Sharma|
|Contact Phone:||6135202600 x7873|
Seminar on the upcoming Indian general elections
With over 900 million eligible voters, the world is about witness the largest democratic exercise in history.
In partnership with the High Commission of India (Ottawa), the Canada-India Centre for Excellence (CICE) is pleased to invite you to join us for a discussion on Indian elections 2019 i.e. major players, possible outcomes, and the potential impact on the Canada-India relationship.
- 10:00am – 10:10am: Welcome remarks – Dr. Benoit-Antoine Bacon, President and Vice-Chancellor, Carleton University
- 10:10am – 10:30am: Keynote – H.E. Vikas Swarup, High Commissioner of India
- 10:30am – 11:30am: Panel: Overview of the Indian democracy
- Mr. Arun Kumar Sahu, Deputy High Commissioner of India
- Dr. Stanley Winer, Professor, Carleton University
- Dr. Anil Varughese, Assistant Professor, Carleton University (via Skype)
- 11:30am – 11:45am: Break
- 11:45am – 12:45pm: Panel: Possible outcomes and impact on the Canada-India relationship
- Dr. Pradeep Merchant, Chair Governing Council, CICE
- Ms. Nadira Hamid, CEO, Indo-Canadian Business Council (via Skype)
- Ms. Gillian Frost, Executive Director, Global Affairs Canada
- 12:45pm – 1:30pm: Networking/Lunch
Time and location
- Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2019
- Time: from 10am to 1:30pm
- Location: DT2017 (20th floor), Dunton Tower, Carleton University
*Public parking is available in P1 (closest to Dunton Tower), P16, P18, P9 and on-street parking. If you are driving to the Carleton campus, please plan to arrive early. Due to various construction projects, pubic parking is limited.