Welcome to Carleton University
Situated on unceded Algonquin territory beside the historic Rideau Canal, an official UNESCO World Heritage Site, Carleton University was founded by the community in 1942 to meet the needs of veterans returning from the Second World War.
What defines Carleton?
- We strive for innovation in research, teaching and learning.
- Our location in Ottawa, the nation’s capital, connects us to the world.
- We encourage hands-on experience in the classroom.
- We offer exceptional student support.
What defines our graduates?
- They have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- They are prepared for careers in our rapidly changing job market.
- They are driven by a desire to change the world.
- They are 125,000 strong.
What defines our people?
Carleton University is a community of talented, committed and enthusiastic faculty and staff, dedicated to excellence and to supporting the education and research that distinguishes Carleton as Canada’s Capital University. We know that it is our people that are key to Carleton’s success.
We take pride in our institution and are committed to providing the programs and services that contribute to Carleton University being an employer of choice. Join our community: Job Opportunities.
Ottawa, Canada’s national capital
Carleton’s proximity to government institutions, libraries, media and a thriving knowledge economy make Carleton a great place to learn and live.
Students, staff, faculty and visitors to Carleton University can take advantage of what Ottawa has to offer all year around: the arts, the outdoors, professional sports, and an exciting, vibrant night life and a strong sense of community.
Carleton University is close to Canada’s majestic Parliament Buildings, the bustling Byward Market, and the beautiful Gatineau Park.