Carleton will be upgrading our learning management system, cuLearn, from version 3.1.12 to 3.6.3 this weekend. The upgrade will create a clean, modern interface with many useful improvements to the existing functionality.
While we complete this upgrade, cuLearn will be unavailable starting at noon on Friday, May 3 until 7 a.m. on Monday, May 6. There will be no impact to any content contained within cuLearn.
For instructors with E-Grades submissions due during the cuLearn outage, an extension has been granted and submissions will instead be due on Monday May 6th.
Some changes you can look forward to are:
- An updated look with improved navigation
- Automatic creation of lab/tutorial groups
- Fewer blocks and less clutter on your course page
- Built-in audio recording anywhere the text editor appears
- Specified assignment file types for student assignment uploads
- Kaltura Capture media server integration
- Gradebook exports that match the column order of E-grades uploads
- A hidden course total column by default in the grader report