This page contains information about:
Carleton University – Richcraft Hall (formerly River Building)
1125 Colonel By Drive
Typical Taxi Rates:
• From the Airport to Downtown Ottawa: approximately $40.
• From the Airport to Carleton University: approximately $35.
• From Carleton University to Downtown Ottawa: approximately $25.
Telephone: (1) 613-238-1111
Telephone: (1) 613-727-0101
Public Transit Information
Click here for the OC Transpo Travel Planner
$10.25 for a DayPass (unlimited one-day service)
(5 and under)
Things to Remember When Taking OC Transpo:
1) All buses require exact payment. Drivers do not provide change.
2) All buses and O-Trains are equipped with announcement systems stating the next stop in English and French. When in doubt, you can request a stop by asking the Operator upon boarding (except on the O-Train).
3) Similar to a subway train, the O-Train stops at every station. However, buses must have a stop requested by pulling the yellow cord running along the windows on either side of the bus. Once a stop is requested, a bell should sound and the sign “STOP REQUESTED” should light up.
4) Don’t forget to take your Transfer slip! The driver will print each rider a paper Transfer as proof of payment. Make sure to keep your Transfer as it allows you to continue using OC Transpo Buses and the O-Train service FREE until time expires. Just show the driver your Transfer slip upon boarding.
5) IMPORTANT: The O-Train only accepts CASH, PRESTO CARD, and CREDIT CARD payment options. You will find a payment machine at the platform at all O-Train stations. You must pay the fare prior to boarding and keep you paper Transfer slip as proof of payment.
6) Presto Card holders from the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area are able to use their cards on OC Transpo services! The Presto fare for OC Transpo is $3.35/ride.
Busing from YOW to Carleton University:
Expected Travel Time: approximately 40 minutes
Step 1) Follow the Transit signs out of the airport to the OC Transpo Bus stop and board the 97 Bayshore/Bells Corners. This is the only bus servicing the airport.
Step 2) Take this bus to Greenboro Station – O-Train and disembark.
Step 3) Board the O-Train at Greenboro Station. This is the end of the line, so board any available train. You do not need to re-pay if you kept your Transfer slip and are within the allowed time stated on the slip.
Step 4) Disembark at Carleton. Welcome to Carleton University!
Buses Servicing Downtown Ottawa from Carleton University
Expected Travel Time: approximately 30 minutes
Buses: Either the 4 Rideau/Downtown or 7 St Laurent will take you directly from Carleton University to Ottawa’s Downtown Area.
Return Buses: Either the 4 Carleton or the 7 Carleton will take you directly back to Carleton University.
Ottawa Macdonald Cartier International Airport (YOW)
1000 Airport Parkway Private
How much time before my flight should I arrive at the airport?
Passengers are recommended to arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before boarding a domestic or U.S. flight and 3 hours before boarding an international flight. Regardless of the departure time, airline personnel and security screening agents will be on hand to assist passengers at least two hours before all flight departures.
What time does security screening open?
For domestic and international flights, security screening opens daily at 4:30 am from May to November and 3:00 am daily from November to April. For U.S. flights, security screening opens at 4:30 am daily year round.
Where are the car rental companies located?
Most of the car rental agencies (Alamo National, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, and Hertz) are conveniently located in the Parkade, across the street from the terminal. If you are renting from Discount, a representative will meet you at the Ground Transportation desk of the passenger terminal building on level 1. Click here for the contact information of the car rental agencies operating out of the airport.
200 Tremblay Rd, Ottawa, ON K1G 3H5
• Driving time to Carleton University is 10 minutes
• Public Transit (approximately 40 minutes travel time): walk to the West bound platform, and take either OC Transpo bus 92 Stittsville or 96 Kanata to Hurdman Station. Transfer to bus 118 Kanata and disembark at Heron/Heron Bridge. Walk (approximately 6 minutes) along the Canal Eastern Pathway to Colonel By Drive to Carleton University.
• Taxi Fare: approximately $20 one way
Greyhound Bus Station (Ottawa Central Station)
265 Catherine St., Ottawa, ON K1R 7S5
• Driving: approximate driving time to Carleton University is 6 minutes
• Public Transit (approximately 30 minutes travel time): walk to Bank/Arlington (approximately 5 minutes), and take either OC Transpo bus 4 Carleton or 7 Carleton to Carleton University.
• Taxi Fare: approximately $13 one way