Check out David’s Google Scholar page for the latest on the groups research efforts.
1. Tanney JB, McMullin DR, Miller JD (2018) Toxigenic foliar endophytes from the Acadian forest. In Endophytes of Forest Trees, 2nd Edition, Springer, 343-381.
24. McMullin DR, Hoogstra S, McDonald KP, Sumarah MW, Renaud JB (2019) Natural product discovery with LC-MS/MS diagnostic fragmentation filtering: application for microcystin analysis. Journal of Visualized Experiments, 147, e59712.
23. Aiken A, Miller JD, McMullin DR* (2019) Isolation, chemical characterization and hydrolysis of the trichothecene 7α-hydroxy, 15-deacetylcalonectrin (3ANX) from Fusarium graminearum DAOMC 242077. Tetrahedron Letters, 60: 852-856.
22. McMullin DR, Tanney JB, McDonald K, Miller JD (2019) Phthalides produced by Coccomyces strobi (Rhytismataceae, Rhytismatales) isolated from Pinus strobus foliage. Phytochemistry Letters, 29: 17-24.
21. Walsh JP, Renaud JB, Hoogstra S, McMullin DR, Ibrahim A, Visagie C, Yeung KC, Sumarah MW (2019) Diagnostic fragmentation filtering for the discovery of new chaetoglobosins and cytochalasins. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, 33: 133-139.
20. Tanney JB, Renaud, JB, Miller JD, McMullin DR* (2018) New 1,3-benzodioxin-4-ones from Synnemapestaloides ericacearum sp. nov., a biosynthetic link to remarkable compounds within the Xylariales. Plos one, 13: e0198321.
19. McMullin DR, Nguyen HDT, Daly G, Menard B, Miller JD (2018) Detection of foliar endophytes and their metabolites in Picea and Pinus seedling needles. Fungal Ecology, 31: 1-8.
18. Renaud JB , Kelman MJ, McMullin DR, Yeung KKC, Sumarah MW (2017) Application of C8 liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for the analysis of enniatins and bassianolides. Journal of Chromatography A, 1508: 65-72.
17. Rand TG, Chang CT, McMullin DR, Miller JD (2017) Inflammation-associated gene expression in RAW 264.7 macrophages induced by toxins from fungi common on damp building materials. Toxicology In Vitro, 43: 16-20.
16. McMullin DR, Renaud JB, Barasubiye T, Sumarah MW, Miller JD (2017) Metabolites of Trichoderma species isolated from damp building materials. Canadian Journal of Microbiology, 63: 621-632.
15. McMullin DR, Green BD, Prince NC, Tanney JB, Miller JD (2017) Natural products of Picea endophytes of the Acadian forest. Journal of Natural Products, 80: 1475-1483.
14. Kos G, Sieger M, McMullin DR, Zahradnik Z, Sulyok M, Öner T, Mizaikoff B, Krska R (2016) A novel chemometric classification for FTIR spectra of mycotoxin-contaminated maize and peanuts at regulatory limits. Food Contaminants and Additives Part A, 33: 1596-1607.
13. Tanney JB, McMullin DR, Green BD, Miller JD, Seifert KA (2016) Production of antifungal and antiinsectan metabolites by the Picea endophyte Diaporthe maritima sp. nov.. Fungal Biology, 120: 1448-1457.
12. Nguyen HDT, McMullin DR, Ponomareva E, Riley R, Pomraning KR, Baker SE, Seifert KA (2016) Ochratoxin A production by Penicillium thymicola. Fungal Biology, 120: 1041-1049.
11. McMullin DR, Green BD, Miller JD (2015) Antifungal sesquiterpenoids and macrolides from an endophytic Lophodermium species of Pinus strobus. Phytochemistry Letters, 14: 148-152.
10. Richardson SN, Nsiama T, Walker A, McMullin DR, Miller JD (2015) Antimicrobial dihydrobenzofurans and xanthenes from a foliar endophyte of Pinus strobus. Phytochemistry, 117:436-443.
9. McMullin DR, Mizaikoff B, Krska R (2015) Advancements in IR spectroscopic approaches to determine fungal derived contaminations in food crops. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 407: 653-660.
8. Miller JD, McMullin DR (2014) Fungal secondary metabolites as harmful indoor air contaminants: 10 years on. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 98: 9953-9966.
7. Desroches T, McMullin DR, Miller JD (2014) Extrolites of Wallemia sebi, a very common fungus in the built environment. Indoor Air, 24: 533-542.
6. McMullin DR, Nsiama T, Miller JD (2014) Secondary metabolites from Penicillium corylophilum isolated from damp buildings. Mycologia, 106: 621-628.
5. McMullin DR, Nsiama T, Miller JD (2014) Isochromans and α-pyrones isolated from Penicillium corylophilum. Journal of Natural Products, 77: 206-212.
4. McMullin DR, Sumarah MW, Blackwell BA, Miller JD (2013) New azaphilones from Chaetomium globosum isolated from the built environment. Tetrahedron Letters, 54: 568-572.
3. McMullin DR, Sumarah MW, Miller JD (2013) Chaetoglobosins and azaphilones produced by Canadian strains of Chaetomium globosum isolated from the indoor environment. Mycotoxin Research, 1: 47-54.
2. Twine SM, Reid C, Aubry A, McMullin DR, Fulton K, Austin J, Logan SM (2009) Motility and flagellar glycosylation in Clostridium difficile. Journal of Bacteriology, 19: 7052-7062.
1. Twine SM, Paul C, Vinogradov E, McNally D, Brisson JR, Mullen J, McMullin DR, Jarrell H, Austin J, Kelly J, Logan SM (2008) Flagellar glycosylation in Clostridium botulinum. FEBS Journal, 17: 4428-4444.