Dirk De Bièvre
Module Co-Leader on politicization of trade relations
|Website:||Click this link for their home-university page.|
Dirk De Bièvre is Professor and Chair of the Department of Political Science at the University of Antwerp. His teaching at the MA level focuses on Theories of International Relations, Research Design for the MA thesis, and International Political Economy. At the BA level, he offers a reading seminar on international politics. His research is concerned with regulatory and judicial politics, interest group politics, and political economy in the EU and the World Trade Organization. His research has been funded by the Volkswagen-Stiftung, the EU Framework program, the EU Horizon 2020 program, the European Science Foundation, the Research Foundation Flanders FWO and the Research Fund of the University of Antwerp. He previously was postdoc at the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods and the Mannheim Centre for European Social Research, and in 2014-15, a Visiting Fellow at the Department of Government at the LSE. He is a steering group member of the ECPR Standing Group on International Relations and member of the editorial board of the Journal of European Public Policy and Politics and Governance.
- Gstöhl, Sieglinde and Dirk De Bièvre (2018), The Trade Policy of the European Union, European Union Series (edited by Neil Nugent and Simon Bulmer), London: Red Globe Press, Macmillan International Higher Education, pp. 242.
- Poletti, Arlo and Dirk De Bièvre (2016), Judicial Politics and International Cooperation: From Disputes to Deal-Making at the World Trade Organization, Colchester: ECPR Press / London: Rowman & Littlefield Int, pp. 166. – 2017 Book Award of the International Law Section (ILAW) of the International Studies Association (ISA).
- De Bièvre, Dirk, Patricia Garcia-Duran, Leif Johan Eliasson and Oriol Costa (2020). “Editorial: Politicization of EU Trade Policy Across Time and Space.” Politics and Governance 8(1): 239–242.
- De Bièvre, Dirk and Arlo Poletti (2020). “Towards Explaining Varying Degrees of Politicization of EU Trade Agreement Negotiations.” Politics and Governance 8(1): 243–253.
- De Bièvre, Dirk (2018), ‘The Paradox of Weakness in European Trade Policy: Contestation and Resilience in CETA and TTIP Negotiations’, The International Spectator. Italian Journal of International Affairs 53(3), pp. 70-85.