The CUx Experience Fund provides financial support for groups who are looking to create an event or activity that aligns with the mission and framework of CUx. Applications for funding may be submitted by Carleton University Student Organizations, recognized student groups, and partners of CUx.
Applications will be reviewed on the following criteria:
- Any student(s) applying for funding must be a current registered student at the time of event
- Events/Activities/Programs must align with the CUx mission and framework
- Groups are eligible for a maximum of up to $500 per category Create, Connect, Contribute per academic year.
- Only 1 application per category will be considered for funding
- If an application to the Student Activities Fund is also submitted for the same event, only 1 application will be considered
Examples of possibility funded projects:
|Virtual Paint Night||Participants will get the change to follow along and create their own masterpiece using any materials they have at home.||Create|
|Trivia Night||Students are broken up into teams that will work together in a night of trivia to win an ultimate prize!||Connect|
|International Student Panel||Panel of international students sharing their experiences on moving to Ottawa, getting involved, studying at Carleton and much more||Contribute|
Funds are not intended to support existing projects, co-operative education, thesis projects, student exchange travel expenses, summer fieldwork placements, laboratory operating costs, or individual educational program requirements. Funding will not be provided for staffing costs.
All applications must be submitted 30 days in advance of the event to be considered for funding. Any applications after the event has taken place will not be considered.
Application for Funding
The approval of an application for funding depends upon the availability of funding. Applications must be submitted by the student(s) or staff who are organizing the event.
All final reports must be submitted within 30 days after the event.