Interdisciplinary Science and Practice Program
Carleton University is following the advice of Ottawa Public Health, Public Health Ontario, the Government of Ontario, and the Public Health Agency of Canada for the latest information about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and recommendations for prevention.
For more information, please visit Carleton’s Coronavirus page.
For assistance, please email Michelle Santoianni, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Interdisciplinary Science and Practice?
- A unique program that offers students the opportunity to explore and combine different disciplines and perspectives to tackle real-world scientific issues.
Advantages for ISAP Students
- Options for a three year program or four year Honours degree program
- Students learn from an exciting broad based science education with flexible options
- Development of practical skills like science communication, knowledge translation and data analyses
- Eight core courses only for ISAP students with small classes
- Dedicated ISAP Faculty members to support student centered learning
- Core learning through lectures as well as group and individual research projects
- Skills learned to be immediately employable such as how to interact with stakeholders, communicate findings, synthesize evidence and navigate the science-policy interface.
All ISAP students are required to complete at least one minor in a science discipline. Honours degree students are encouraged to complete a second minor from any faculty including science.
Minors in Faculty of Science are:
- minor in Biology
- minor in Chemistry
- minor in Computer Science
- minor in Earth Sciences
- minor in Food Sciences
- minor in Geomatics
- minor in Health Sciences
- minor in Mathematics
- minor in Neuroscience and Mental Health
- minor in Physical Geography
- minor in Physics
- minor in Statistics
Monday, May 31, 2021
ISAP Faculty-Dr. Sean Landsman photography makes cover of AFS magazine
Sean Landsman @FishNeedLove2 Pleased to have the cover of the @AmFisheriesSoc TAFS journal this issue. Def a fav snorkeling experience. Body slammed by 20+ lb stripers in 2 ft of H2O +...
Sean Landsman @FishNeedLove2 Pleased to have the cover of the @AmFisheriesSoc TAFS journal this issue. Def a fav snorkeling experience. Body slammed by 20+ lb stripers in 2 ft of H2O + straddling a river herring weir was... memorable. Thanks to AFS for making an effort to compensate photographers, too. 3:21 PM · May...
Friday, May 7, 2021
ISAP 3003-SciComm# from class project to publication in Frontiers For Young Minds
For my #SciComm course winter 2020, I assigned my small class (n=4) a term project that involved writing an article for @FrontYoungMinds . All are...
For my #SciComm course winter 2020, I assigned my small class (n=4) a term project that involved writing an article for @FrontYoungMinds . All are being published & here's the first to make it online!...
Monday, April 26, 2021
Stephanie Ellis-ISAP Student Building Confidence and Finding Purpose Through Volunteering
Serving the community is a vital part of Carleton University’s mission, and it’s one that students Stephanie Ellis and Hannah Whale have...
Serving the community is a vital part of Carleton University’s mission, and it’s one that students Stephanie Ellis and Hannah Whale have embraced. From Ellis making meals at a homeless shelter and playing games at a camp for children with autism to Whale supporting students living in residence and mentoring first-year students, their goal...