What is this service?
This service provides authorized personnel with a Carleton approved mobile communication device (e.g. cell phone, tablet) and SIM card to provide access to wireless calling and/or data access (e.g. wireless access to email, contacts, calendar events/meetings, tasks and other mobile-based applications).
How do I obtain this service?
If you require this service, you or your Departmental Administrator may submit a request, as below.
Wireless services incur ongoing monthly costs which must be approved by your Department Chair, Director, or Manager.
How do I receive support for this service?
ITS Service Desk
|Hours of Operation (Fall)
Closed: Statutory Holidays (Details)
|Location||IT Help Desk, 4th Floor MacOdrum Library|
What is included?
- Provision of the standard voice plans and/or data services with: Rogers (primary), Bell or Telus
- Support for various device types: iPhone, Android, Blackberry.
- Synchronization of business email, calendar, tasks, memos, and contacts between the mobile communication device and the user’s computer
- Password protection for mobile communication devices
- Availability of device upgrade/replacement after minimum of one year of usage
- Loaner and replacement devices based on availability
- Return of defective device if provided by Rogers
- Device function tutorial support and user workshops
- International data and/or voice service package
- Assess and provision travel plans
- Negotiation and management of communication rates with vendors
- Support for any non-Carleton provided mobile communication device or service
- Support for any non-standard applications including personal email and instant messaging applications
- Support of any non-standard accessories that are not provided by the carrier upon activation
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.