I am pursuing my MASc degree in Pavement Engineering at Carleton University under the supervision of Dr. Kamal Hossain. I completed my BSc in Civil Engineering from CUET, which is regarded as one of the best institutions of Bangladesh for engineering education. In my undergraduate thesis, I used microbial culture to partially replace water to make dense microstructure concrete, and my major focus was in durability related issues of materials. From that research, I was able to find an optimum ratio that can produce 50% less permeable and dense microstructure concrete mix that can also be used as rigid pavement. During my BSc study, I have also worked on a DRE-funded project.
- B. Sc. (Civil Engineering), Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Bangladesh
- Undergraduate Merit Position: 3rd out of 120 students
- University Merit Scholarship
- Award from Art Competition
- Pavement Materials and Design, Use of Recycled Aggregates in Pavement, Pavement Maintenance & Safety and Sustainable Development
- Zawad, M. R. S., Zawad, M. F. S., Rahman, M. A., & Priyom, S. N. (2021). A Comparative Review of Image Processing Based Crack Detection Techniques on Civil Engineering Structures. Journal of Soft Computing in Civil Engineering (SCCE) (Scopus Indexed). Volume: 5, Issue: 3 – Serial Number 17, Summer- 2021, Pages: 58-74. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.22115/scce.2021.287729.1325
- Zawad, M. F. S., Rahman, M. A., & Priyom, S. N. (2021). Bio-Engineered Concrete: A Critical Review on The Next Generation of Durable Concrete. Journal of the Civil Engineering Forum (JCEF). Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia. Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 335-358. https://doi.org/10.22146/jcef.65317
- Rahman, M. A., Zawad, M. F. S., & Priyom, S. N. (2021). Potential Use of Micro-silica in Concrete: A Critical Review. In proceedings of 5 th International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ICACE-2020), SE 173-180, Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology (CUET), Chattogram, Bangladesh.