Program: M. Eng (Thesis); 2019-2020; Thesis Title: Effect of Autonomous Vehicles on Pavement Distress & Road Safety and Pavement Distress Optimization; Current Position: Assistant Professor, RUET
My name is Masud Rana. I am doing my master’s in pavement engineering at Memorial University. I am currently working to understand and model distribution of air voids in various asphalt mixtures. In addition, I am working in a pavement mechanistic design analysis project. I completed my B.Sc. in civil engineering from RUET, Bangladesh in 2014. In 2015, I joined the civil engineering department of RUET as a lecturer, and recently I have been promoted to assistant professor. I participated in several national and international conferences and workshops including an workshop in National Cheng Kung University in Taiwan.
- M. Eng. (Civil Engineering-Transportation), Memorial University, Canada
- B. Sc. Eng. (Civil Engineering), Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology (RUET), Bangladesh
- Fellow of School of Graduate Studies Award, Memorial University, 2020
- University Grant Commission Gold Medal
- University Best Performance Award
- Undergraduate Merit Position – 1st out of 120 students
- Pavement materials, pavement mechanics, MEPDG
- Attended Transportation Research Board (TRB) 99th Annual Meeting from 13th to 16th January 2020, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, in Washington, D.C. and presented one poster on my research.
- Attended Workshop on Sustainable Soil and Groundwater Protection and Remediation from 23 August to 1 September 2015 at National Cheng Kung University (NCKU), Tainan City, Taiwan.
- Swarna S T, Rana M, Hossain K. (2022).Impact of Climate Change on Pavement Performance in Canada’s Newfoundland Island. International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology. Springer Nature. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42947-022-00198-3
- Rana M, Hossain K. (2021). Impact of Autonomous Truck Implementation: Rutting and Highway Safety Perspectives. Road Materials and Pavement Design. Taylor and Francis. https://doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2021.1963815
- Rana M, Hossain K. (2021). Simulation of Autonomous Truck for Minimizing Asphalt Pavement Distresses. Road Materials and Pavement Design. Taylor and Francis. https://doi.org/10.1080/14680629.2021.1883469.
- Rana, M M., Akhi, A H., & Azad, G M S I. (2018). Performance Evaluation of Bituminous Mixes with Waste Concrete Aggregate. International Journal of Advanced Structures & Geotechnical Engineering(IJASGE). Accepted.
- Rana, M M., Azad, M S., Akhi, A H., & Azad, G M S I. (2017). Effect of Environmental Impact in Building Constructions. American Journal of Civil Engineering (AJCE). doi: 10.11648/j.ajce.20170506.14
- Rana M, Swarna S T, Hossain K. (2020). Climate Change Impact on Pavement Performance in Newfoundland, Canada. 99th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of National Academies of Science and Engineering. Washington DC, USA. Accepted.
- Matin, N F M., & Rana, M M. (2018). Road Accidents and Safety Study of Rajshahi City in Bangladesh. 4th International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD 2018), 9~11 February 2018, KUET, Khulna, Bangladesh. Paper ID: 4545. ISBN-978-984-34-3502-6.
- Sobhan, A., & Rana, M M. (2017). Characterization of Bituminous Mixes Using Waste Concrete Aggregate. International Conference on Planning, Architecture and Civil Engineering (ICPACE-2017), 09-11 February, 2017, RUET, Bangladesh. ISBN: 978-984-34-2154-8, pp. 35.
- Ahmed, B., Rana, M M., Hossen, M. T., & Islam, M. R. (2016). Cost Effective Design of Rigid Pavement Using Tiles Dust. Proceedings of the 1st Civil Engineering Summit-2016, 23-27 November, 2016, BUET, Bangladesh. Paper ID. TE-107. ISBN: 978-984-34-1512-7, pp. TE-107.
- Rana, M M., & Hasan, A S M Z. (2016). An Exact Solution of Post-buckled Nonlinear Beam on an Elastic Foundation. 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ICACE-2016). 21-23 December, 2016, CUET, Bangladesh.ISSN: 978-984-34-1662-9, Paper ID: G-1415, pp.115-116.
- Ahmed, B., Hossen, M T., Rana, M M., & Islam, M. R. (2016). Cost Effective Design of Rigid Pavement Using Used Foundry Sand. 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ICACE-2016). 21-23 December, 2016, CUET, Bangladesh. ISSN: 978-984-34-1662-9, Paper ID: G-1415, pp.115-116.