Program: M. Eng (Thesis); 2018-2020; Thesis Title: Pavement Life Cycle Assessment: From Case Study to Machine Learning Modeling; Current Position: PhD Candidate, University of Central Florida, USA
Rakibul Alam is a Master of Engineering student in pavement engineering at the Memorial University. He completed his Bachelor of Science in civil engineering with major in transportation engineering from BUET. His past research include the determination of road crash factors of urban areas, identification of high-risk roads in national highway network, and a comparative study of the fundamental diagrams of traffic flow due to shockwave. He also served at the faculty of civil engineering at University of Information Technology and Sciences (UITS), as a lecturer.
- M. Eng. (Civil Engineering-Transportation), Memorial University, Canada
- B. Sc. Eng. (Civil Engineering), Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
- Fellow of School of Graduate Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2020
- Dean List Award
- Pavement management, pavement life cycle analysis, road safety
- Alam R, Hossain K, Bazan, C. (2020). Life Cycle Analysis for Asphalt Pavement in Canadian Context: Modeling and Application. International Journal of Pavement Engineering. Taylor and Francis. https://doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2020.1866759
- Alam R, Hossain K, Bazan C. (2020). A Systematic Approach to Estimate Global Warming Potential from Pavement Vehicle Interaction Using Canadian Long-Term Pavement Performance Data. Journal of Cleaner Production. Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2020.123106
- Alam R, Hossain K, Butt A A, Caudle T, Bazan C. (2019). Life Cycle Assessment of Asphalt Pavement Maintenance and Rehabilitation Techniques: A Study for the City of St. John’s. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering. http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/cjce-2019-0540
- Alam R, Hossain K, Bazan C. (2020). A Systematic Approach to Estimate GWP from Pavement Vehicle Interaction Using Canadian LTPP Data. 99th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of National Academies of Science and Engineering. Washington DC, USA. Accepted.
- Alam R, & Hoque M M. (2018). Safe System and Countermeasures for Vulnerable Road Users in Dhaka City. 4th International Conference on Civil Engineering for Sustainable Development (ICCESD-2018). Khulna, Bangladesh. (ISBN: 978-984-34-3502-6)
- Ahmed A J M M U, Hasan M T, Alam R, Hoque M S. (2017). Characteristics of Fundamental Diagrams Due to Shockwave by Non-lane Based Heterogeneous Traffic. 9th International Structural Engineering and Construction Conference. Valencia, Spain. (ISBN: 978-0-9960437-4-8)
- Alam R, Hoque M M, Sarkar S, Rokon A, Ahamed F. (2016). Crash Problems and Countermeasures for Vulnerable Road Users in Dhaka City. Proceedings of BUET-ANWAR ISPAT 1st Bangladesh Civil Engineering Summit. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 71-78
- Sarkar S, Hoque M M, Alam R, Ahamed F, Rokon A. (2016). Identification of High-Risk Road Locations on National Highway N2 of Bangladesh Using GIS. Proceedings of BUET-ANWAR ISPAT 1st Bangladesh Civil Engineering Summit. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 120-127
- Rokon A, Hoque M M, Ahamed F, Alam R, Sarkar S. (2016). Pedestrian Safety Hazards at Uncontrolled Roadway Sections near School Zones at Tongi. Proceedings of BUET-ANWAR ISPAT 1st Bangladesh Civil Engineering Summit. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 79-86