Program: M. Eng (Thesis); 2018-2020; Thesis Title: Chemical, Morphological, and Rheological Properties of Various Rejuvenated Asphalt Binders; Current Position: ParklandGEO, Canada
Rayhan Ahmed is a Master of Engineering Student in Pavement Engineering at Memorial University. He obtained his Bachelor’s in civil engineering from CUET in Bangladesh. After his undergraduate, he worked as a Lecturer of Civil Engineering at the Port City International University for about a year.
- B. Sc. Eng. (Civil Engineering), Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Bangladesh
- Fellow of School of Graduate Studies, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2020
- Undergraduate Merit Position – 3rd out of 125 students
- Pavement materials, asphalt binder, rejuvenator, rheology
- Attended Transportation Research Board (TRB) 99th Annual Meeting from 13th to 16th January 2020, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, in Washington, D.C. and presented one poster on my research.
- Presented at the 65th Annual Meeting of Canadian Technical Asphalt Association, November 2020, Virtual Meeting, Kelowna, BC, Canada
- Ahmed R B, Hossain K, Aurilio M, Hajj R M. (2021). Effect of rejuvenator type and dosage on rheological properties of short-term aged binders. Materials and Structures, 54-109. https://doi.org/10.1617/s11527-021-01711-z
- Ahmed, R B., Hossain, K., Hajj, R M. (2020). Chemical, Morphological, and Fundamental Behavior of Rejuvenated Asphalt Binders. ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)MT.1943-5533.0003564
- Ahmed, R B., Hossain, K., Aurilio, M. (2019). Characterization of Asphalt Rheology Using Waste Cooking Oil as a Rejuvenator. Construction and Building Materials. Under Review.
- Ahmed, R B., Hossain, K. (2019). Waste Cooking Oil as an Asphalt Rejuvenator: A State-of-The-Art Review. Construction and Building Materials. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2019.116985
- Tohur, R., & Amin, J. (2017). Surface Water Drainage of Roadway Using Concept of Permeable Pavement. Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. (ISBN: 978-3-330-32579-1).
- Emtenan, A.M., Ullah, A., & Ahmed, R. B. (2017). Incorporating Mobility Handicapped People in Mass Transportation System of Bangladesh. International Journal of Current Research. Vol. 9, Issue, 06, pp.5248552489.
- Ahmed, R B., Aurilio, V., Hossain, K. (2020). Using Rejuvenating Agents to Improve Hot Mix Asphalt Incorporating Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement (RAP). 65th Annual Conference on Canadian Technical Asphalt Association (CTAA). Kelowna, BC, Canada.
- Ahmed, R B., Hossain, K. (2020). Characterization of Rejuvenated Asphalt Binders Using FTIR and AFM Techniques. RILEM International Symposium on Bituminous Materials. Lyon, France.
- Ahmed, R B., Hossain, K., Aurilio, M. (2020). Rheological Characterization of Rejuvenated Asphalt Binders. 99th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) of National Academies of Science and Engineering. Washington DC, USA.
- Ahmed, R B., Amin, J., & Palit, S. K. (2016). Road Surface Drainage at Hat Bazaar of Rural Area: A Case Study. 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ICACE-2016). (ISBN: 978-984-34-1662-9).
- Ahmed, R B., Amin, J., Islam, T., Hasan, R., & Palit, S. K. (2016). Assessment of Industrial Effluent Pollution in Karnaphuli River. 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ICACE-2016). (ISBN: 978-984-34-1662-9).
- Ahmed, R B., Rahman, A., Islam, K., & Palit, S.K. (2017). Recycling of Reclaimed Bituminous Pavement Materials. 1st International Conference on Research & Innovation in Civil Engineering (ICRICE 2018).