Uncovering Corporate Data: Skills Workshop
Find key corporate documents. Build corporate profiles. Analyze corporate finances.
The Strategic Corporate Research workshop provides participants with essential tools for organizing, collective bargaining, and community campaigns, as well as for academic research. Using the framework and material from this workshop, participants will be able to more easily access public domain information to build profiles of corporate identities, resources and activities. Participants will also learn to identify and utilize key primary documents, explore a variety of employers in-depth over a number of sessions, build a basic corporate profile, learn and apply the principles of financial analysis, and use corporate research to develop a wide variety of campaigns.
This intensive, hands-on workshop will help participants:
- Identify and utilize key primary documents for corporate research
- Explore a variety of employers in depth over a number of sessions
- Learn the components and build a basic corporate profile
- Learn and apply the principles of financial analysis
- Explore using corporate research to develop a wide variety of campaigns
- Day One: Friday 9am- 5pm
- Morning Session: An Introduction to Strategic Research and Campaign: We will explore the basic principles and tools for corporate research. Participants will begin using these tools in small groups to exam a number of different types of employers.
- Afternoon session: Electronic Resources for Corporate Research: We will review the electronic sources available for corporate research. Participants in small group will use these skills to gather further information on their target firms.
- Day Two: Saturday, 9am- 4pm
- Morning session: Principles of Corporate Finance: This morning will be devoted to and overview of corporate financial analysis. Participants will then apply this skill to their target firms.
- Afternoon session: From Research to Campaigns: Using case studies we will explore the ways in which corporate research can be used in a variety of campaigns. Participants will develop pilot campaigns for the firms they have been investigating.
Date and time: 9:00am-5:00pm |April 22 and 9:00am – 4:00pm |April 23, 2016
Location: Carleton University, MacOdrum Library, Room 252.
Enrolment Fee: The registration fee for the workshop is $400.00 plus HST per person or $100 plus HST for registered students. The registration fee includes morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch each day.
Parking fee: An all day parking pass for Friday can be added to your registration for $10.00. For more details about parking please visit our FAQ page.
To register for this workshop, click the link below. Please have credit or debit information ready. Both the regular and student rate are available after selecting “no” when asked if you have a promo code.