We are always looking for self-motivated and knowledgeable individuals. Possible research areas include robotics and control with applications to guidance, navigation and control of unmanned vehicles. All projects will include both a theoretical and an experimental component enabling you to become a well-rounded researcher.
While working in our research group students are expected to have/gain experience in one or more of the following topics:
- Theory: Nonlinear Control, Optimal Control, Adaptive Control, Nonlinear Filtering, Kalman Filtering, Artificial Intelligence, Digital Control, Multi-variable Control, Consensus Estimation/Control
- Software: MATLAB/SIMULINK, Maple, C/C++, Python, ROS, CoppeliaSim, Gazebo, Linux, …
- Hardware: IMUs, Microcontrollers, Opti-track motion capture system and ground truth, Drones, Mobile robots, …
Graduate Students (MSc and PhD)
If you are a prospective graduate student looking to becoming part of our lab, please send an email, with subject “Prospective MSc/PhD Candidate”, to ( Hashim.Mohamed@carleton.ca ) with the following details:
- CV / Resume,
- Status: Domestic (Canadian or Permanent Resident) or International
- Scanned copy of Transcript(s),
- IELTS 6.5 or TOELF IBT 86 (if your first language is NOT English and your most recent full-time education have NOT been in an English-language school system (country in which the primary language is English)),
- Research Statement,
- GoogleScholar and/or Researchgate link (if applicable),
- Also, please provide me with funding requirement: no-fund/partial-fund/full-fund
The graduate application can be submitted online here. Students with GPAs greater than 10.2/12 have a good chance of getting prestigious internal and external graduate scholarships, such as NSERC and Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS). Any attachment should be in pdf.
Summer research internships are available for domestic undergraduate students eligible for NSERC USRA and I-CUREUS. Please, email Prof. Hashim Mohamed for further details.
Researchers with experience in Robotics and Control with a strong research profile are encouraged to join us as postdoctoral fellows. Take a look at available funding opportunities, such as NSERC PDF and Mitacs Elevate. Please, email Prof. Hashim Mohamed for further details.
Our lab also welcomes exchange Masters and PhD students. Please, email Prof. Hashim Mohamed for further details.
Are you a researcher inside or outside Canada looking to collaborate on a relevant topic of interest?
Contact me directly at Hashim.Mohamed@carleton.ca