National Research Ethics Guidelines
- American Indian Law Center (1994). The Model Tribal Research Code: With Materials for Tribal Regulation for Research and Checklist for Indian Health Boards. American Indian Law Center, Inc.
- Association of Canadian Universities for Northern Studies (ACUNS) 1998 Ethical Principles for the Conduct of Research in the North. Ottawa: Association of Canadian Universities for Northern Studies
- CIHR Guidelines for Health Research Involving Aboriginal People
- Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans, 2nd edition, 2014 (TCPS 2)
- TCPS 2: Course on Research Ethics
- TCPS 2 Webinar – Chapter 9: Research Involving First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples of Canada
- OCAP: Ownership, Control, Access and Possession
Indigenous Organizations and Community Ethics Board Guidelines
- Assembly of First Nations. First Nations Ethics Guide on Research: Research and Aboriginal Traditional Knowledge
- Assembly of First Nations. (2009). Ethics in First Nations Research
- ATFE (Akwesasne Task Force on the Environment). 1996. Protocol for Review of Environmental and Scientific Research Proposals. Hogansburg, NY: ATFE.
- Doing Research in the Northwest Territories: A Guide for Researchers Applying for a Scientific Research Licence Published By: The Aurora Research Institute Inuvik, Northwest Territories, 1996 Last Revision: February 2011
- Femmes Autochtones du Quebec Inc. Quebec Native Women (FAQNW) (2012) Guidelines for Research with Aboriginal Women.
- First Nations Centre. (2007). Considerations and Templates for Ethical Research Practices. Ottawa: National Aboriginal Health Organization.
- First Nations Centre. (2007). OCAP Toolkit. Ottawa: National Aboriginal Health Organization.
- First Nations Regional Longitudinal Health Survey: Code of Research Ethics.
- Guidelines for Ethical Research in Manitoba First Nations 2014 Principles, practices, and templates.
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami Resources: Negotiating Research Relationships: A Guide for Communities
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami Resources: Negotiating Research Relationships with Inuit Communities, A Guide for Researchers
- Inuit Tuttarvingat Research and Ethics
- Manitoulin Anishinaabek Research Review Committee
- Metis Nation Environment Knowledge Place
- Métis Research Ethics
- Ethics of Aboriginal Research, Marlene Brant Castellano Journal of Aboriginal Health, January 2004
Academic Research Organizations
- International Arctic Social Science Association
- Association of Canadian Universities for Northern Studies
- Arctic Institute of North America
- Arctic Research Consortium for the United States
- Aurora Research Institute
- Centre of Indigenous Culture, Research, Language and Education (CIRCLE)
- Indigenous Governance Program (IGOV) 2003. “Protocols and Principles For Conducting Research in an Indigenous Context.” Faculty of Human and Social Development, University of Victoria.
- Indigenous Peoples’ Health Research Centre (IPHRC). (2004). The Ethics of Research Involving Indigenous Peoples. Report of the Indigenous Peoples’ Health Research Centre to the Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics (PRE). IPHRC
- Yukon Research Centre
Governmental Research Organizations
- Canadian Polar Commission
- Canadian Public Opinion on Aboriginal Peoples MEDIA RELEASE June 6 2016
- Canadian Public Opinion on Aboriginal Peoples 2016 FINAL REPORT
- Nunavut Research Institute
- Nunavik Research Centre
- Nain Research Centre
- Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples (1993). Ethical Guidelines for Research. Integrated Research Plan. Retrieved from the Government of Canada Interagency Advisory Panel on Research Ethics
Community Based Research Projects
- Conduct of Traditional Knowledge Research: Wildlife Management Advisory Council North Slope
- Kahnawake Schools Diabetes Prevention Project
- Funding and Ethics in Métis Community Based Research: The Complications of a Contemporary Context
- Guidelines for Ethical Aboriginal Research. Aboriginal Health Research Review Committee in collaboration with Manitoulin First Nations leadership and community agencies
- Six Nations Council Research Ethics Committee Protocol. The Ethics Committee Protocol was created to collect detailed information from researchers on the terms of proposed research projects. It clearly states the protocols and expectations set forth by the Six Nations Council Ethics Committee on how to conduct research at Six Nations.
- Six Nations Ethics Policy Conducting Research at Six Nations
- Health Research Council of New Zealand (2010) Guidelines for Researchers on Health Research Involving Māori
- National Health & Medical Research Council (2003) Values and Ethics: Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research
- World Health Organization 2003 Indigenous Peoples & Participatory Health Research. WHO.
- Collaborative Research: an “indigenous lens” perspective CANADIAN COALITION FOR GLOBAL HEALTH RESEARCH
Royal Commission on Aboriginal Peoples Data