|Degrees:||Master of Science in Electrical Engineering, 2018|
Ali Farhat received his BSc. (2016) and MSc. (2018) degrees in Electrical Engineering from Qatar University, Qatar. Ali was ranked first on the engineering batch graduated in 2016. His graduation project entitled “HD ANPR on Heterogeneous SoC Platform” which won the second place at the Electrical Engineering Senior Design Project contest. His master thesis was “Pedestrian Detection Using Motion Saliency Aided Convolutional Neural Network”. Ali worked as a Graduate Assistant (GA) at the KINDI Research Center (2016-2017) and the Electrical Engineering Department (2017-2018) at Qatar University.
Currently, Ali is a Ph.D. candidate at the Systems and Computer Engineering Department at Carleton University.
His research interests include Computer Security, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence, and Image and Video Processing.
- A. Farhat, O. Hommos, A. Al-Zawqari, A. Al-Qahtani, F. Bensaali, A. Amira and X. Zhai, “Optical character recognition on heterogeneous SoC for HD automatic number plate recognition system,” EURASIP Journal on Image and Video Processing, vol. 2018, p. 58, 2018/07/11 2018.
- A. A. S. Ali, A. Farhat, S. Mohamad, A. Amira, F. Bensaali, M. Benammar and A. Bermak, “Embedded Platform for Gas Applications Using Hardware/Software Co-Design and RFID,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, pp. 4633-4642, 2018.
- A. Al-Zawqari, O. Hommos, A. Al-Qahtani, A. A. H. Farhat, F. Bensaali, A. Amira and X. Zhai, “HD number plate localization and character segmentation on the Zynq heterogeneous SoC”. Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, 2018.
- A. A. H. Farhat, A. Al-Zawqari, O. Hommos, A. Al-Qahtani, F. Bensaali, A. Amira and X. Zhai, “OCR-Based Hardware Implementation for Qatari Number Plate on the Zynq SoC”, 2017 9th IEEE-GCC Conference and Exhibition (GCCCE), Manama, 2017, pp. 1-9.
- A. Farhat, A. Al-Zawqari, A. Al-Qahtani, O. Hommos, F. Bensaali, A. Amira and X. Zhai, “OCR based feature extraction and template matching algorithms for Qatari number plate”, 2016 International Conference on Industrial Informatics and Computer Systems (CIICS), Sharjah, 2016, pp. 1-5.
- O. Hommos, A. Al-Qahtani, A. Farhat, A. Al-Zawqari, F. Bensaali, A. Amira and X. Zhai, “HD Qatari ANPR system,” 2016 International Conference on Industrial Informatics and Computer Systems (CIICS), Sharjah, 2016, pp. 1-5.