Ph.D. Candidate, CISCO Instructor Trainer
|Degrees:||Ph.D. Candidate in Systems and Computer Engineering|
|Phone:||613-520-2600 ext.: 8281|
Ismael AlShiab is currently a Ph.D. candidate and research assistant at the Department of Systems and Computer Engineering, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada. In his research, he tackles challenges in the fields of IoT Sensor Networks Virtualization and Dynamic Optimized Large-Scale Resource Allocation. His research interests extend to Software Defined Networks (SDN), and Information-Centric Networks (ICNs) under the umbrella of the Internet of Things (IoT). Before that, he received his MSc degree in Computer Engineering from the American University of Sharjah, 2015. He is Cisco Instructor Trainer and Computer Engineer with more than thirteen years of academic and industrial experience in the fields of computer networks, communication systems, embedded systems, computer simulation, and computer security and firewalls. Moreover, He was selected as an expert in the UAE’s Emirates Skills competition, category of Computer Networks and Administration for five years.
Software Defined Networks (SDN), Information-Centric Networks (ICN), Fog Computing, Internet of Things (IoT).
- A. El-Mougy, Ismael AlShiab and M. Ibnkahla, “Scalable Personalized IoT Networks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 695-710, April 2019.
- A. Sabbah, A. Jarwan, Ismael Al-Shiab, M. Ibnkahla and M. Wang, “Emulation of Large-Scale LTE Networks in NS-3 and CORE: A Distributed Approach,” MILCOM 2018 – 2018 IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), Los Angeles, CA, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- M. Ghalib, A. Ahmed, Ismael AlShiab, Z. Bouida, and M. Ibnkahla, “Implementation of a Smart Grid Communication System Compliant with IEEE 2030.5,” 4th ICC International Workshop on Integrating Communications, Control, and Computing Technologies for Smart Grid, Kansas City, MO, USA, pp. 1-6, May 2018.
- Ismael AlShiab, A. Sabbah, A. Jarwan, O. Issa and M. Ibnkahla, “Simulating Large-Scale Networks for Public Safety: Parallel and Distributed Solutions in NS-3,” 2017 IEEE 28th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, QC, Canada, 2017, pp. 1-7.
- Ismael AlShiab and R. E. Ahmed, “On Fairness in LTE Downlink MAC Scheduling Algorithms,” 2015 International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Research (ICTRC), Abu Dhabi, 2015, pp. 171-174.