What is this service?
This service provides, to faculty and staff in select departments within the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Engineering Design, an alternative to the Exchange email service offered to all faculty and staff.
How do I obtain this service?
- This service is provided by specific departments within the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Engineering and Design, and the Sprott School of Business.
- As a faculty member within the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Engineering and Design, or the Sprott School of Business, you may initiate a request by contacting your departmental administrator or your departmental IT Support representative below.
- Contact your departmental IT support representative to request non-standard features relating to this service.
How do I receive support for this service?
For assistance please contact the appropriate IT Customer Service Unit (CSU) within your department, listed in the table below.
|Dept/School supporting this Email Service||Support Contact||Support Phone|
|Faculty of Science|
|@earthsci.carleton.ca||Department of Earth Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|@math.carleton.ca||Mathematics and Statisticsemail@example.com||N/A|
|School of Computer Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org||N/A|
|Sprott School of Business|
|@sprott.carleton.ca||Sprott School of Businessemail@example.com||(613) 520-2600 x2362|
|Faculty of Engineering and Design|
|@doe.carleton.ca||Department of Electronicsfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-2513|
|@mae.carleton.ca||Mechanical and Aerospace Engineeringemail@example.com||(613) 520-5636|
|@sce.carleton.ca||Systems and Computer Engineeringfirstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-5737|
|@cims.carleton.ca||Azrieli School of Architecture and Urbanismemail@example.com||(613) 520 2600 x2867|
|Department of University Advancement|
|Information Technology Services|
|@lists.carleton.ca||lyris-listserver [CCS]||firstname.lastname@example.org||(613) 520-3700|
Support Availability – Faculty IT Support Representatives:
What is included?
- Standard Features:
- an email mailbox – capacity varies with the specific mailserver
- an an email Address: userid@[subdomain].carleton.ca, where [subdomains] are listed above.
- IMAP access
- Non-Standard Features:
- Forwarding of this address to another address
- Service Exclusions:
Was this page helpful?
no one has found this useful yet.