Welcome to the Network Management and Artificial Intelligence (NMAI) Laboratory web site. NMAI is part of the Carleton University family of research labs. Carleton University is located in Ottawa, Canada. Ottawa is the location of a large number of Hi-Tech companies, as well as many federal, provincial, and regional telecommunication research institutions.
Our interests include but are not limited to
- Agent-based systems; e.g., the use of the Belief-Desire-Intention framework for autonomous vehicles (see the SAVI code repository);
- Software Agent Imitation project, applied to RoboCup players;
- Peer-to-peer file-sharing systems: check out our Universal P2P project, and our P2P Simulation Project;
- Applications of artificial intelligence techniques to network systems management;
- Past projects include work on Web Services, Operating Systems Discovery, Telecommunication networks and system service management (JAIN, feature interaction problem).
See for yourself: our Best Video Award at the Artificial Intelligence Video Competition (AIVC) at AAAI2010
We are seeking enthusiastic students interested in these and similar topics to join our lab! If that’s you, contact us.