Many of our courses are open to non-degree or continuing education students – that is students who aren’t enrolled in the degree program but are looking for professional development. If you’re interested in upgrading your knowledge and skills and want to take a course as continuing education, why not consider applying?

At Carleton, students in continuing education apply as Special Students. Because our courses are offered in English, the Office of the Registrar will want to make sure you have at least 3 years of full-time education in English or can otherwise demonstrate your proficiency in English. Applications usually take just 3-5 business days to process.

You will need permission from the Political Management Program to register in any of our courses. We encourage professionals who are interested in continuing education with the MPM to contact our program before applying as a Special Student.