Below is the university’s Fee Schedule for responding to formal requests for information submitted pursuant to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
|Making an access request||$5 per formal written request|
|Change in Personal Information||No fee required|
|Photocopies and computer printouts||$0.20 per page|
|Floppy disks, CDs/DVDs, USB Drives||$10 per disk|
|Manually searching for a record||$7.50 for each 15 minutes spent by any person|
|Preparing a record for disclosure, including severing part of the record||$7.50 for each 15 minutes spent by any person|
|Developing a computer program or other method to produce a record from a machine-readable record||$15 for each 15 minutes spent by any person|
|Costs, including computer costs, incurred to locate, retrieve, process, and copy record(s) as specified in an invoice received by the university||Actual costs|
- Every effort will be made to provide a fee estimate when the fees for processing your access request are expected to exceed $25.
- Fees may be charged for goods and services for which the University must pay in order to respond to your access to information request.
- The University may require the requester to pay 50% of the total estimated fee in advance if it is anticipated to exceed $100.
- The University will refund any deposit paid if the fee is subsequently waived or the request for access is withdrawn.
- The university will endeavour to keep fees reasonable.
- All fees are prescribed by the Ontario Information and Privacy Commissioner.