The Office of the Vice-Provost and Associate Vice-President (Academic) is reaching out to faculty members who are willing to serve as either Discussants or Internal Reviewers in the Quality Assurance Process.
A brief description of these roles is provided below for your information.
- Typically, a faculty member that is at arm’s length from the academic unit or program
- Reviews the program’s Quality Assurance documentation to make a recommendation on the program to The Senate Quality Assurance and Planning Committee (SQAPC)
- Moderates the Quality Assurance site visit meetings
- Acts as a resource in explaining to External Reviewers the university’s administrative processes and practices as they apply to the administration and delivery of academic programs
- Is available to the External Reviewers should questions arise during the report-writing stage
- The Internal Reviewer plays no part in the outcome of the review or in the writing of the report
If taking on one of these roles is of interest to you, we would be happy to add you to our contact list. It is important to note that your willingness to participate does not commit you to taking on one of these roles. Rather, it allows us to reach out to you when opportunities arise, and you can then determine based on your availability if you are able to assist.
Should you require any additional information, have any questions, or would like to be added to our list, please email Alicia.email@example.com.