For the most up to date list of publications, please visit my Google Scholar Profile.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C Perin, L Oehlberg, S Carpendale. Communicating Patient Health Data: A Wicked Problem Journal of IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications Nov.-Dec. 2021, pp. 179-186, vol. 41 doi: 10.1109/MCG.2021.3112845
- F. Rajabiyazdi, R. Alam, A Pal et al. Understanding the Meaning of Recovery to Patients Undergoing Abdominal Surgery JAMA Surg. Published online May 12, 2021. doi:10.1001/jamasurg.2021.1557.
C. El-Kefraoui, F. Rajabiyazdi, N. Pecorelli, F. Carli, L. Lee, L. Feldman, J. Fiore. Prognostic value of the Duke Activity Status Index (DASI) in patients undergoing colorectal surgery World Journal of Surgery 2021, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00268-021-06256-4.
- M. Mozafarinia, F. Rajabiyazdi, MJ Brouillette, L. K. Fellows, N. E. Mayo. Development and Usability of a Feedback Tool, “My Personal Brain Health Dashboard”, to Improve Setting of Self-Management Goals Among People Living with HIV in Canada. Qual Life Res. 2020.
- M. Mozafarinia M, F. Rajabiyazdi, MJ Brouillette L. K. Fellows, B. Knäuper, N. E. Mayo. Effectiveness of a personalized health profile on specificity of self-management goals among people living with HIV in Canada: a protocol for a blinded pragmatic randomized controlled trial [version 1; peer review: awaiting peer review] MNI Open Res 2020, 4:1.
- C. El-Kefraoui, G. Olleik, M. Chay, A. Kouyoumdjian, P. Nguyen-Powanda, F. Rajabiyazdi, U. Do, A. Derksen, T. Landry, A. Amar-Zifkin, R. Agnihotram, M. Martel, G. Baldini, L. Feldman, and J. Fiore Jr. Opioid Versus Opioid-free Analgesia after Surgical Discharge: Protocol for a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. BMJ Open 2020;10:e035443.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, L. Oehlberg, S. Carpendale. Exploring the Design of Patient-Generated Data Visualizations In the Proceedings of Graphics Interface, pages 362-373, 2020, ACM. * Invited to submit an extended version to IEEE TVCG.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, J. Vermeulen, H. MacLeod, D. Gromala, S. Carpendale. Differences That Matter: In-Clinic Communication Challenge In Proceedings of the 11th EAI International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, pages 251–260, 2017, ACM.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, L. Oehlberg, S. Carpendale. The Challenges of Individuality to Technology Approaches to Personally Collected Health Data In Proceedings of the 11th EAI International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, pages 448-451, 2017, ACM.
- F. Rajabiyazdi. Designing and Developing Technologies to Facilitate Clinician-Patient Communication In Proceedings of the 2016 International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces, pages 19-24, 2016, ACM.
- A. Thudt, J. Walny, C. Perin, F. Rajabiyazdi, L. MacDonald, R. Vardeleon, S. Greenberg, S. Carpendale. Assessing the Readability of Stacked Graphs In Proceedings of Graphics Interface, pages 167-174, 2016, ACM.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, J. Walny, C. Mah, J. Brosz, S. Carpendale. Understanding Researchers’ Use of a Large High-Resolution Display Across Disciplines In Proceedings of the International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces, pages 107-116, 2015, ACM.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, T. Gedeon. Comparing User Performance on an iPad to a 17-inch BackPad In Proceedings of the Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), pages 469-474, 2012, IEEE.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, T. Gedeon. Hand Grip Strength on a Large PDA: Holding While Reading Is Different from a Functional Task In Proceedings of the Complex, Intelligent and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), 2012, pages 475-480, 2012, IEEE.
Extended Abstracts, Workshop Papers
- F. Rajabiyazdi, R. Alam, H. Montgomery, C. Kefraoui, L. Lee, N. Mayo, L. Feldman, J. Fiore. Item generation and cognitive interviewing for a patient-reported outcome measure of recovery after abdominal surgery Presented at QUALITY OF LIFE RESEARCH, S106-S106, SPRINGER, 2020.
- M. Mozafarinia, F. Rajabiyazdi, A. Austin-Keiller, M. Brouillette, L. Fellows, N. Mayo. Goal quality, education, and cognition: preliminary analysis of self-management goals formulated by people living with HIV Presented at QUALITY OF LIFE RESEARCH, S84-S85, SPRINGER, 2020.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, L. Oehlberg, S. Carpendale. Personal Patient-Generated Data Visualizations for Diabetes Patients Presented at the IEEE Information Visualization Conference, VIS’18, Berlin, Germany, 2018.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, J. Babione, J. Tropiano, J. Kaufman, W. Ghali, P. Sargious, S. Carpendale. Involving Patients in their Care Plan: Patients’ and Care providers’ Perspectives Presented at the WISH (Workshop on Interactive Systems in Healthcare) at CHI’16 , San Jose, USA, 2016. PDF
- F. Rajabiyazdi. Designing and Developing Technologies to Facilitate Clinician-Patient Communication Presented at the International Conference on Interactive Surfaces and Spaces, ISS’16, Niaraga Falls, Canada, 2016.
- J. Babione, F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, J. Tropiano, M. Cosby, M. Santana, J. Kaufman, S. Carpendale, W. Ghali, P. Sargious. Identifying opportunities for innovation in patient-centred care plans through user-centred design research, In Patient-Oriented Research Summer Institute Conference, Calgary, Canada, 2016.
- F. Rajabiyazdi, C. Perin, S. Carpendale. WEST: Visualizing non-Emergency Surgery Waiting Times Presented at the IEEE Information Visualization Conference, VIS’15, Chicago, USA, 2015.
- T. Flemisch, F. Rajabiyazdi, M. Hosseinkhani, S. Carpendale. NeckLan: Language as Jewellery, In Electronic Proceedings of the IEEE Information Visualization Conference, VIS’15, Chicago, USA, 2015. PDF
- X. Tong, D. Gromala, L. Bartram, F. Rajabiyazdi, S. Carpendale. Evaluating the Effectiveness of Three Physical Activity Visualizations – How People Perform vs. Perceive, In Electronic Proceedings of the IEEE Information Visualization Conference, VIS’15, Chicago, USA, 2015.
- F. Rajabiyazdi. Exploring the Design of Visualizations to Facilitate Patient-Provider Communication PhD Thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Calgary, 2018. PDF
- F. Rajabiyazdi. Interface for iPads with different screen sizes Master Thesis, School of Computer Science, Australian National University, 2012. PDF